III

The night before Regionals, Hunter couldn't sleep. He was too worried.

After hearing him tossing and turning, Sebastian spoke softly. "Hunter, you need to sleep."

"I can't. I never can before competitions." Hunter admitted.

"It doesn't help that it's pitch-black here." Sebastian commented.

Hunter turned to him. "It's not just me? It's too dark in here to you too?"

Sebastian clicked on the lamp. "Way too dark."

They both chuckled quietly before going silent. Sebastian got up, sitting up next to Hunter. "You need to sleep. I'm not going to until you do."

"Have fun being an insomniac tonight then."

However, just with the comfort of having someone next to them, both of them soon fell asleep side-by-side.

~-~

When their alarm went off, Sebastian was the first to stir, not realizing where he was. He soon did, turning bright red when he realized he was in bed with Hunter.

He tried to untangle their mess of limbs before Hunter woke up, but Hunter's leg was hooked around his. He couldn't move his.

He gently shook Hunter. "Hey. Wake up."

Hunter yawned, sitting up. He seemed to not realize that his leg was hooked around Sebastian's, moving it as he sat up. He blushed slightly when he remembered the situation he was in.

"Regionals today." Sebastian commented, getting up to get ready. He almost immediately regretted standing up- there was just something about being in nothing but boxers in front of his co-captain that was ten times more awkward than anyone else.

"Yep. You ready?" Hunter asked, getting up too, as if nothing had happened.

"I'm always ready to kick some wannabe's ass."

Hunter laughed. "That's the spirit."