4

Aminah and Jehangir shook hands.

Aminah's rounded spectacle glazed into the sun's white reflection. She smiled if a blessing came into the street. In the next moment, her expressions started to change through melancholy and paranoia.

"What happened, dear?" asked Jehangir with concern.

"I have...to...go...my...mother...is...calling...me" stammered Aminah.

She rushed by taking an auto-rickshaw. Jehangir looked shocked but Sadek looked unsurprised.

"She must have been reminded of her bad days" explained Sadek.

After Aminah reached her apartment, she hoped into the main door. The staircase was narrow as the walls were dirty brown. She was scared and slowly going out through the stairs. When she entered her home and slammed the door, a middle-aged lady heard of the sound. She rushed through her floor. She heard screams.

"Why did you go out without my permission?" screamed in a sultry and angry voice.

"Mom, mom, I went to see the grocery uncle again" stammered a childish voice.

"Haven't I forbid you to go out again?" shouted the angry voice.

"Sorry, mom. I won't do it again" sobbed the childish voice.

She heard of a break in the window glass. The lady was scared. She ran away.

"This is insane!" commented the lady in Bengali.

She entered her home which was on the third floor as Aminah's flat was at the fifth floor. She entered to her place as she saw her eccentric husband was reading a newspaper. He had spectacles and only had hair at the back.

"I need to throw this pagli (mad) girl from this apartment!" said the lady angrily.

"You are not the landlord, you are just the secretary. So stop complaining, you frog face!!" tackled the husband.

"But the glass breaks?"

"Glass breaks do not matter. She must need to go to the mental asylum or may go to the psychiatrist" consoled the husband.

"Whatever she does, we must complain it to the landlord!" explained the lady.

"Have you ever tasted foreign food, Yesmeen?" snapped the husband.

"Of course, not, Javed!" screamed the lady, Yesmeen.

"Then shut up!" shouted the husband, Javed.

Javed was an open-minded professor as his wife, Yesmeen was the opposite who had the hatred of Aminah's strange antics. Whenever she used to whine about her, Javed always shut the topic.

Meanwhile, Aminah was hitting the glass and changing voices continuously. She was crying while she fell down. In contrary to that dominating while stood up. To the contrast, she fell down-unconscious.

A bespectacled man opened the door. He saw Aminah who was laid beside the small table which was spread by cigarettes and broken glasses. Her body had full of ciggy scars as well as blood on her arms cut by. The fainted but tired Aminah was breathing a little high.

The squared bespectacled man was shredded with fear that he was about to pick her body. Instead he took a bucket of water. He heavily poured the water in her body that she slowly opened her eye plus sneezed.

"What happened dear?" sympathized the middle aged man

"It's hurting, Jabbar bhai" gasped Aminah and sobbed.

Jabbar was the landlord that Javed mentioned to Yesmeen. He was really kind to her. Whenever he used to hear her screams and crashes, he used to console her like his daughter.