Ch 23: Surprise!!

Weeks passed, and I was at home filing papers for the creation of the new hero academy; named after the agency: U.A. High.

So far, I've organized a few features. The curriculum, along with the help of fellow agents, the architecture, dorms for the children. It's been fun organizing this. But I'm still waiting for the clearance to take Eri to the zoo.

I've been asking the hospital when they can release Eri, and they said it'll take a while longer to finalize data on her and her Quirk. and that worries me. What if they're scaring her?

I've taught my class, but my heart wasn't in it completely.  They've noticed, Hizashi's noticed, and Shouta has most importantly. They've tried cracking me, getting to know what the issue was, but I really don't want to burden them time and time again with issues I should be dealing with.

I decided to go to the HQ, to train and take my mind off everything. I got to the training grounds, and generated a bunch of enemies and went to work. I powered up my Quirk, burning and blowing away my enemies as the approached me. 

~~~~~

3rd P.O.V.

Shouta, worried about (Y/N) these past few weeks, tried to think of something to make her feel better. He sat in the faculty office, drumming his fingers on his desk, when Hizashi walked in with a loud entrance as usual.

"YOOOO-Oh, what's going on?" 

"Hi."

Hizashi walked to his desk beside Shouta's and sat down. "What's your problem?"

"It's not me you should worry about. It's (Y/N). She's been acting different ever since she went to talk to Chief Nezu. She's more sad and yet, uptight. Something's got her down." Shouta answered. Hizashi could sense the sadness in his voice, even though his friend was never one to express any kind of emotion except annoyance.

"Well, you gotta do something about it. If you're that bothered about (Y/N) acting this way, then you need to do something about it, man! You know her most out of all of us here, so you should know how to cheer her up. Don't focus on work, focus on her." Hizashi stated.

Shouta turned to him and gave him the calmest yet disturbing face. 

"What?"

"You said something intelligible for once."

"Hey! I'm smart!"

"Well, since I guess you're right, I'll go talk to her."

Shouta left the faculty office as Midnight and Toshinori walked in. "Where's he going? He's got a creepy look on his face." Toshinori stated.

"Guys! Guess what?!" Hizashi asked as the two listened intently. "I think Shouta might start to like (Y/N)!"

"WHAT?! That's impossible!!" They both screamed.

"But it isn't! Now we can put a new plan into action! We should tell the students and get them in on it!"

"Yeah!!"

~~~~~

Shouta looked around HQ for (Y/N) and found her in the training grounds, fire dancing in her palms as digital enemies shattered and faded back into the Kata computer system.

"...(Y/N)?"

The woman stopped her training and looked at Shouta, dusting her palms and walking to him. "Hey, how's it going?"

"Good, I guess. But what about you? You haven't been doing well these past few weeks." Shouta mentioned. (Y/N) tried to say something but he continued. "Don't try to deny it. What's going on with you?"