Chapter 2

Marinette

Finally, I showed up at the park. I took a break and held on to my knees staring at the ground, panting profusely. "Marinette!" I looked up to see Alya and Nino sitting on a picnic blanket.

I walked over and sat down. "Hey guys, sorry I'm late." I looked around and noticed that Adrien was nowhere in sight. I sighed in disappointment. Suddenly, I heard a male's voice behind me. "Hi everyone" I looked behind me and almost died on the spot.

Adrien was looking as hot as ever, With his gorgeous blond locks and emerald green eyes that I could get lost in. And his cute little outfit fit for the best model, which he is. If only he'd look at me right now and proposed to me, declaring a love he had for me like I do for him. And then we could run away and buy a house together and start our own bakery. With two kids and a puppy... and a hamster! and live happily ever- "Glad you could make it Adrien!" Alya said sort of slyly. "I was just about to say how Marinette is always late."

"You too dude, it's sort of your guys' thing." Nino and Alya laughed. 

"Um well. I guess. It's sort of like. IIIIIII" I'm such an idiot. I could never speak clearly with Adrien in the vicinity. Dream officially crushed. 

Adrien chuckled, almost nervously. "I guess Marinette and I are always busy or something. Right, Marinette?"

"Uhhhhh yeah... mind greats! I MEAN great minds! hehe..." Why must I be this way?

Adrien took a seat RIGHT NEXT TO ME. My heart started pounding, I could feel a billion butterflies fluttering around in my stomach. quite ironic considering Hawkmoth. Then I remembered the croissants stuffed in my bag. "Oh, um, here guys. My mom thought I should bring this all for you. In case you were hungry or something." Simultaneously Alya and Nino shouted "Awesome!" and grabbed one. They were always in sync, it was so cute. 

Adrien grabbed the last one and took a bite. "This is really good. Thank you Marinette, you really are a great baker." 

"Ummm what? Uhhhh of course, I mean I didn't really make it but thank you anyways." I wonder how bad I'm blushing right now. I looked away from him and quickly changed the subject. "So um Alya, why did you want to meet up today anyway?"

"Great question Marinette! I wanted you all to help me add some stuff to my ladyblog. Maybe we could set up an interview with Ladybug and Chat Noir to talk about their crazy new superpowers. Isn't it all so exciting?!"

Shoot. How am I gonna get out of this one? "That sounds great Alya, but uhhh like Adrien was saying, I am pretty busy. I can help out with all those other things but... probably not an interview."

Adrien looked over at me and nodded "Yeah me too, sorry guys."

Alya made a face, "Alright I understand. But you two always seem to have an excuse. I hope it's worth it." 

"Trust me, it is." I smiled big to try and hide the guilt. I wish I could tell her my secret. But I could never if it meant putting all of Paris, or her, at risk.

"It's whatever dudes, let's just chow down on the rest of this food, I'm still starving!" We all laughed at Nino's comment and started to move our minds to other subjects.

... 

Two hours later and I was about ready to go home. Alya and Nino had already left. I was gathering all my things when Adrien tapped me on the shoulder. "Hey Marinette, can I ask you for a favor?" 

"Uhhh sure." What could Adrien Agreste possibly need from me?

"My father wanted me to ask you if you could make another hat for this fashion show I'm supposed to perform at next week. DO you think you'd have enough time to do that?" He looked at me pleadingly

I couldn't believe it. Adrien Agreste, asking ME of all people for help? I guess dreams come true after all. "YES. I meannnnn, um sure. I'd love to help you out."

"Really?"

"Of course."

Adrien came closer and hugged me. "Thank you, Marinette. This means a lot to me."

OH MY GOD. 

When Adrien pulled away I must have looked completely dumbfounded because he giggled a bit. "I'll see you at school tomorrow?" 

"Yeah, totally."

He waved goodbye and walked over to the limo waiting to take him home. As soon as he drove away I gave myself a minute to freak out. I was jumping up and down and squealing. I couldn't believe it. I was completely head over heels for him. And with this, I could get even closer to him. This is possibly one of the best days of my life.