Chapter Twelve

Okay @_Daisyfaith_ 😂 and thanks ClatoTHG07. Sorry guys, but I can't comment.

Katniss's Pov

After the girls left I flopped on my bed,exhausted. I would tell Clove the guys were out but left Finnick's place empty and we could use it for a pool party. It was a lame excuse but who cares?

The next day at school I dressed in a lacy white shirt and dark skinny jeans and white slip ons. I let my hair flow and applied my make up. Prim was leaving with Cassidy and Rue, which gave me time for myself. As long as Clove and Cato were fighting the boys and us separated. It was two different teams, friends and enemies. Hopefully by today we would be able to be our full group.

Annie picked us up, since we had no Finnick. Clove was there, gloomy and she had the bags. She was wearing white skinny jeans with black designs curling around. She had a black lace shirt and her usual chunky ankle boots. It looked fine but her makeup was sloppy and her hair was messy. She had deep bags and her face was dry. Glimmer grimaced when she got in. "Oh, hon, aiie. We'll fix you up at school."

Annie drove rather fast to school. We got there ten minutes early and fixed her up. The first thing Glimmer did was pull out a curling iron. Clove put her hands up. "Whoa,Glim. Why the heck do you have a curling iron in your bag?" she asked. Glimmer shrugged. "Fashion emergency. Now let's make you look decent." She nicely curled her hair quickly and brought out a large makeup kit. No wonder she always shines bright, even after gym. She applied lip gloss,mascara, and eyeliner, though nothing could take away the depression in Clove's eyes. I felt so bad.

When we got to homeroom I saw Clove fidgeting in her seat. She sat in front of Cato and I noticed him glaring at the back of her head. We needed to get them together or at least friends fast.

At lunch I seperated into "the girls' group" and Clove pulled us away to one side of the cafeteria. I saw the boys on the other. Darn I missed Peeta.

Marvel's Pov

I can't believe because of Cato's and Clove's stupid fight we had to sit all the way on the other side of the cafeteria. I missed Glimmer. I could tell all the other guys missed their girls too, yet we did this for Cato. Damn, we're good friends. Our plan better work well tonight.

Peeta's Pov

Katniss. Her name was on my mind all day. I missed her. I wish everything was back to normal, but it wasn't. I wonder why Clove even cheated on Cato. He's a great dude. He's perfect for her.

After school we did operation get Clove and Cato back together. But it wasn't as we planned. We put them in a glass room with tough to break glass.

Clove's eyes shined with fire as she saw him. "What the hell guys?" she scowled. She turned back to Cato,then punched him in the face. There were gasps as he stumbled back with a bloody nose. She grinned evilly. "Now we're even, sweetheart." Cato wiped the blood off and scowled. "Damn you, Clove!" he yelled. He shoved her on the ground and was about to punch her when she caught his fist and shoved it towards his face. It was dead quiet, except Johanna cheering. "That's what you get, you jerk!" she hollered. "Nobody messes with Clove!" Cato took that as an insult and slammed his palm at Clove's mouth. "Get them out!" Katniss shrieked. "They're going to get hurt!" Clove whipped her knife out from her boot and pounced. "Now!" Madge shrieked. "Now or we'll be attending his funeral soon!" Everybody was worried, and Finnick fumbled with the keys.

Cato's Pov

Clove wiped off some of the blood from her mouth and burst into tears. I was a little surprised. "I hate you!" she sobbed. "You never listen!" She jumped on me and I tried to shove her off but her dripping mascara fell in my eyes and it burned. She took the opportunity and sat on my stomach and put her feet on my wrists. I grunted. The bottom of her boots had flat heels and she pressed them in. She pulled out her knife,the one I got her, and flipped it to the 'Cato' side and pressed at my throat. Tears fell from her eyes like crazy. I was so confused. I should be the one sad. She opened her mouth to say something but there was a jingle and the door burst open. Johanna yanked Clove off and flung the knife across the room. The rest of the girls came in and dragged a screaming, crying Clove out. I brushed myself off and grabbed the knife. Out of all the terrible things she did, I missed her. I missed her laugh, her smile, and her lips. I missed her. I want her back. But she has a new guy. Maybe I wasn't good enough.

I hope he treats her good.

Dang Cato! Do you not remember Clove's story about Brady, the abusive jerk? Dang boys are clueless. 😂😂 Thanks for reading:) ~8-31-14