So It has Begun

It started at school.

I know, worst place for the apocalypse to start. One minute I'm listening to Frau Cook lecture about correct verb endings and the next a cheerleader is trying to eat a kids face.

there are worse places I suppose.

It was quiet that morning, the internet wasn't working. No one thought anything of it though, our WiFi was always shit. So instead of listening to music I fiddled with my pencil and prayed for the bell to ring. Frau Cook switched to talking about vowel changes.

"do you hear that?" Jocelyn, the girl sitting in front of me asked. We both sat by the window. From out side a strange moaning noise had started, catching every one off guard. We turned and peered through the blinds.

wack

A bloody hand hit the window followed by screams in the hall way. Frau Cook told everyone to stay seated, and made her way to the window. I picked up my back pack, ready to run. Our teacher poked her head into the hall way, turning around she was about to reassure us when she was pulled into the hall way. The janitor Hanz stood before us was covered in blood and twitching in an inhuman way. For a second he froze, before croaking like a frog and sprinting into a kid.

Holy shit it's a zombie, I thought, jumping out of my seat. I climbed onto the heater behind me as more zombies fled the room. Running along the tables I jumped avoiding kids and the undead.

I hurried out the door at the first chance I saw. sprinting across the hallway and into the bathroom. Two girls and a boy sat crying in the closest cell. I pushed the lock down and sat against the door, letting my long red hair fall in my face and blind me.

"Taylor?" the voice I knew belonging to Meaw, my foreign friend from Thailand, ran up to me. I stood and wrapped my arms around her.

"are you OK?"I asked pushing her away.

She nodded, "Where is Ashlyn?" Her accent making her sound even more worried.

"Shes in Bio, with Mrs.Pratt. It's at the end of the hall. Ryker is in A.P. Chem, and Kevin is in Economics. We need to get them." Meaw understood my urgency and went to get her backpack.

Pressing my ear against the door I listed for the croaking sound the original man had made. When it sounded quiet enough, I flipped the lock and looked back to the other people.

"Lock this when we're gone." The boy nodded.

The door creaked loudly when I opened it.

Stepping into the hall way, I grabbed Meaw's hand. We snuck along the hall way, staying low and quiet along the lockers on the wall. We had to get to A.P Chem, that's where Ryker would be.

The class room was located at the end of the hall, two doors down from where we were. I paused for a moment, not sure what to expect.

BANG

A locker door slammed behind us, and the terrifying noise of the monsters soon followed.

"Go, go, go!" I shouted, shoving Meaw forwards towards the door.

She yanked on the door, turning the small brass handle.

"Ryker!" I yelled, banging on the window. A moment later the door swung open, and my friend stood before us.

"Holy shit, get in!" he slammed the door behind us, relocking it. The room was silent, Ash sat on the ground holding a science book with Kevin sitting across from her. His foot was bloody. Another boy was in the class room. His hair was dark and a hoodie was pulled over his head. I recognized him immediately, Lucas, an idiotic boy in my second hour.