Home pt3

The sky was dark and gloomy as Ashlyn made her way twards the door.
Shaking the handle, she rattled the key in its rusty lock.
Ash turned around to see Taylor and Lucas sprinting off and motioned to wave goodbye to Ryker, who was now driving off with Kevin.

Meaw stepped through the door, and pushed it closed. Ash quickly locked it, thing to herself, you've seen plenty of horror movies. You aren't dumb, youll get through this. She then turned the corner to her room and had a sudden revelation, who are you kidding. You're gonna freaking die.

Moving onwards into room, she was greeted by Lola, the spry yorki she had adopted a year ago.

The small dog sat on her bed, and sprung up when Ash entered the room. She barked once out of happiness before jumping to the ground.

Ash made her way over, scooping up the dog and huged her for a moment, then passed her along to Meaw.

The house was oddly quiet. No screaming younger brother. No fighting sister or angry father. No humming mother, making lasagna for dinner.

Ash shook her head. Peacefully content with blocking out all memories.

She carfulky dumped out her back pack and stuffed 3 jackets in, followed by some pants and socks. Then she went to her dresser and shoved a few sports bras and underwear in as well.

Taking a moment to shuffle through her desk draws, Ash put in a few sketch pads, mechanical pencils, spair led and erasers into a kit, which was put int another pocket. She also managed to find a pocket knife Taylor had given her.

"Hey Meaw," she called through the empty house.
Moments later the small Thai girl came bouncing in.

Ash realized slowly that the small girl only wore shorts and pale pink sweatshirt.

"Here," she said, tossing the smallest pair if paints she owned twards Meaw. "They're gonna be big on you, but that's better than shorts."

Meaw nodded and grabbed the jeans.

Leaving the room, Ash moved on to the cupboards. They didnt have much, but ash searched far into the back finding a box of six ramon and a few cans of soup and green beans. She thew them into another bag and hurried into the bathroom grabbing all sorts of soaps and shampoos. Then she hurried over and grabed all the pads and tampons in the drawers.

"Now where are those boots." Ash said allowed as she ran into her back yard.

After shuffelung around in her shed, Ash felt quite accomplished. She emerged with a small pair of steel toed boots, a thick polyester and wool jacket, and a hand gun she didn't even know they had.

About 20 minutes later, Meaw look dressed well. She had on the boots and jeans, and under her sweatshirt was a striped long sleeved back and white shirt.

Ash had on her thick winter jeans, a dark red long sleeved shirt and a black pullover. She dug in her closet more and found the knee high brown leather boots she had reseaved on her last birthday.

Lastly she put Lolas bright red collar and neon yellow harnes on the small dog. She clipped a leash on her as she heared a loud nock on the door.

Meaw peaked out the blinds and turned back to her,"Its Taylor."

Ash moved swiftly over the door and opened it with a click. As the lock turned, a gun shot rang out making the noises simultaneous.

Ash jumped back and Taylor ran inside. They turned and looked out the window.

Kevin had his torso sticking out of the sun roof, with a shot gun in hand. Lucas snuck out the back right door and held a knife that glinted in the small amount of sun light.

"We better get out there," Taylor said, wacking her hand on the couch back. "Meaw, grab that food bag will you?"

Ash slung her back pack over her shoulder and picked up Lola.

"Lets go." Taylor ran out the door, her hunting knife in hand.
Meaw followed her out.

Looking around the house one final time, Ash decided right then and there to never think about what had once been. She woud suppress the memories of her mom. She would forget her sister and brothers faced. And most of all, she would forget the screaming and cussing of her father.

She looked to the kitchen, stepped out the door. Looked to the couches, and slammed the door shut.

Turning, ash almost toppled over Meaw. Who stood in the driveway slowly backing up as a zombie hobbled twards them. They didn't have a weapon. Well, they had two, but Ash didnt know how to use a gun and the small knife was tucked away in her bag.

"Shit," she said a moved Meaw behind her.

Suddenly from out of nowhere, Taylor came running twards the dead, kicked in its right knee and as it fell, drove her knife into its head. It fell to the ground in a lump.

Taylor smiled,"I said lets go!"

With that they ran to the car. Lucas jumped in first, followed by Taylor who squished in, practically shoveing Lucas into the door.

Next was Meaw, who turned and grabbed lola. Before she kew it Thor jumped into he lap aswell.

Ash hurried into the front seat, kevin still standing. She still had her backpack on.

Ryker's little car sped into action. Kevin fired again.

They stayed like this for 30 minutes. Just until the two stort house came into view. They where out of town now, in a thick high plains desert bluff.

They were heading twards Lucas's house. Though they weren't even going to enter the structure. There eyes were set on the brown van the lie untouched around back. When they arrived, Ash was the first one out. She stood in front of the car. Taylor joined her and together they looked upon their new home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This took me a bit longer to write. Im currently on vacation and i didbt expect this much writing block to hit me. I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving!
BYEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!