2: One Letter, Two Neighbors, Thousands of Tears

A/N: Welcome back! This will be a short chapter and is tagged "tw" for self-harm and suicidal thoughts/suicide. Enjoy! (This takes place 2 weeks after Chapter 1) This may make you cry because I sure cried writing this.

Jake's POV

"Jake!" he weakly called. Oh my god. I passed the bathroom and the mirror was wide open. The missing pills from the cabinet. No! No! No! Rich! Why?

I hurried into his room and he laid there, hanging on to the last bit of life he had. I ran over to him as fast as I could. I screamed for help and broke down in tears. "I- I'm coming back with help." I ran to my neighbor's house. The wife is a nurse, the husband is a doctor, it's perfect. I rushed over to the house as they ran behind me. 

"I'm going to call the paramedics, my husband will help Rich. Once they get here, he's gonna go to the hospital and hopefully he'll be okay. You did the right thing. 

The front door was still wide open. I frantically trembled and the "first-aid couple" as the neighborhood calls them, helped Rich. I thanked the doctor throughout the entire process of them helping Rich stay alive. 

I held his hand as I felt his life almost slip away. "Rich, please stay with me, you don't know how much you mean to me!" I heard sirens which meant the ambulance arrived. "Oh, thank god," 

I brought his note in the ambulance. We lived really close to the hospital so it was only like a 5 minute drive. I don't think he took enough pills to kill himself. I looked down at the tear stained note. Some tears were his and others were my own. 

"Jake-

Hey... I just wanted to say I'm sorry. Please don't do what I did. None of this is your fault. I thought since you're my only source of hope I would make this letter to you. If Jeremy, Michael, Christine, Chloe, Jenna, or Brooke bother to waste their time asking about me, show them this. Here's my story I guess: I started cutting after the first time it happened. I felt like a nothing. I felt like it wouldn't matter if I just disappeared! I could never sleep knowing that my sister had gone through this too; my dad coming home drunk... I had this online therapist that my parents wouldn't know about. She prescribed me pills to help me sleep... but then I'd just lie there awake and think about taking the whole bottle! No one would care either way right? Every time we did something wrong they would hurt me or her or both. I would cut right after it happened. I deserved it. I remember thinking that I would never do what my sister did... "Please stay with me," were the last words I uttered to her as I felt her life drift out of her in my arms. I failed to help her, please don't help me... I don't deserve it. I love you, Jake. I know you love me back. Don't ever think that this is because you didn't love me enough. It wasn't you. Just me. Please, keep acting in the school plays and keep smiling your beautiful smile for me, okay? I remember how you said you always wanted to read the entire Harry Potter series and go to all these different countries. We made a list of places we would love to go to together. If you still have your list, don't let go of that dream. Go to all of those places and bring those books on the plane for me. Listen to "The Goodbye Song" covered by George Salazar (he's better than the original singer.) Ignore the part about riding a bike because I think this song was aimed toward a kid but all the other lines are exactly what I needed to tell you. I love you so much, Jake. Goodbye." 

A/N: Did you cry? Listen to the song. Get ready to cry. 

I sat helplessly in the waiting room as I waited for any sign of Rich being alive. I listened to George Salazar's voice. 

The time has come,

I'm flying away.

Mouth is numb,

Heart don't know what to say. 

And although I'll be out of sight, dear. 

No, I'll be right here. 

Right here forever, ever, ever, ever 

And when you look to the night skies. 

Don't think of goodbyes 

Think how I'm right here, ever, ever, ever. 

 Thank you for teaching me lessons 

Thank you for listening to mine 

Man, you know how to ride a bike now 

Don't be scared you'll be fine. 

 And although I'll be out of sight, dear 

No, I'll be right hereRight here forever, ever, ever, ever 

And when you look to the night skies 

Don't think of goodbyes 

Think how I'm right here, ever, ever, ever 

"Come!" No, you can't come with me, 

"Stay" I wish I could goodbye--- 

By this point I had to go to the bathroom to sob in private.

I know it's hard to say "Come!"

No, you can't come with me, 

"Stay" I wish I could goodbye 

I know it's hard to stay out! 

I know it hurts to stay 

 I-I'd stay if I could. 

But the universe won't let me 

So please be good 

And don't you forget me. 

I sobbed hopefully not too loudly but I didn't even care. Rich, I could never forget you. 

And although I'll be out of sight, dear. 

No, I'll be right here 

Right here forever, ever, ever, ever 

And when you look to the night skies 

Don't think of goodbyesThink how I'm right here, ever, ever, ever 

 And although I'll be out sight, dear 

No, I'll be right here 

Right here forever, ever, ever, ever

And when you look to the night skies 

Don't think of goodbyes 

Think how I'm right here, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever!

George did a beautiful riff of "oh" here and I just broke down almost screaming. The walls were thick so I didn't care. Michael texted me like crazy. 

"Hello?"

"Are you and Rich coming over or naw?"

"Jaaaaake" 

"Jeremy says 'hi' and 'where r u' btw" 

"Rich isn't answering either!"

"Are you okay?" 

Multiple texts like this went through. 

"Uh, yeah I can't make it today, something came up, sorry." 

I texted back.

"You okay?

"Yeah." 

I didn't text anything after that. "And don't you forget me..." kept ringing in my head. 

Rich...

A/N: Hope you enjoyed! Last chapter is coming soon! (it's a short story, I know but meh)