Two: Meeting the Fire Prince

•Previously on Arranged•
Princess Katara, have you made your decision?" One of them asked. I looked down at my hands once again.

"Yes I have." I said, quietly.

"Well then tell us, child." The ambassadors said. Suddenly, a fire lit up in me, and a new sense of confidence filled my body.

"I will marry Prince Zuko, for my tribe, and for my people."
—-
There is no turning back now. I am officially the Fire Nations future queen and fiance of Prince Zuko. I've never even met him...

How will he react to me? How will he treat me? I've heard that he was quite a ladies man and spends his time in brothels more than anything else. That type of reputation could ruin mine in a matter of seconds. I officially leave tomorrow for the Fire Nation to meet Zuko. This is more than just a deal between nations, this is two lives that could shape millions of others.

I walked over to my study and sat down in my chair. I put my head in my hands. Why me? Why must it be me? I have to marry someone I don't even know...or love.

Suddenly, I heard my study doors fly open, it was Sokka; he did not look happy.

"You're marrying Prince Zuko?! Sokka yelled. I cringed at his angry tone of voice.

"Yes." I simply said. Sokka's face never changing from the angry look.

"Why would you do that?! He is the son of our sworn enemy?!" He yelled. I sighed and put my head in my hands.

"You think I don't know that?! I'm doing it for my country, Sokka. Don't you understand that?" I said. His face loosened up a bit as he walked closer to me.

"Katara, you don't have to do this." He said, putting his hand on my back.

"Yes I do. If I don't, millions will die. We don't have the armies to take on the Fire Nation and you know that." I explained. Sokka sighed and walked off. I know he is disappointed in me but I'm doing what is right for my people. It is my duty as a ruler. Now, I'm starting to doubt if I made the right choice.

I walked out of the room to get some air. I walked onto the snow covered ground of the palace courtyard. I saw the children running around in the town square as their loving parents watched. Oh how I wish life was that simple. I remember the days where Sokka and I would go kayaking through the ice and how we would always get stuck somehow. Sokka hasn't always been the best outdoors man. I sighed at the memory. I wish I could go back to those days somehow.

Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder, it was one of the Fire Nations advisers.

"Princess Katara, we have just gotten the approval from Fire Lord Ozai to come back to the Fire Nation. We'd love for you to join us in a celebration of your engagement to the prince. " He said with a big smile.

"Of course, I'd love to come." I lied.

"Splendid, we leave tomorrow at dawn." He said and walked away into the palace. I turned back around to look at my people. Why do I have a feeling that this visit isn't going to go well?

--

I awoke to horns of ships blowing in the distance. Today was the day. I sat up in my bed and climbed into the dress I was going to wear. It is a little bit of a lighter fabric since the Fire Nation is hotter than hell itself. I heard a knock at my door. I signaled for the servants to come in.

"All of your things are packed ma'm, anything else we can do for you?" One of them asked.

"No, that will be all thank you." I dismissed them and grabbed my things. I walked over to the main entrance and saw Sokka standing in the door frame.