Five: Haru

Today will be a good day. 

Today.. will be.. a good.. day. 

At least that's what I tell myself. It has not gotten any better between and Mr.Hot Pants. He has completely disregarded my presence in this castle, like I don't even exist. His father, and his sister don't make it any better either. They all have smart mouths that are cunning and are able to twist my words as if I'm being interrogated. However, today my brother, Sokka is coming for a visit. I am so excited as I have not seen him in a few weeks. 

I jumped out of my bed and into my water-tribe clothes. My usual hairstyle draping over my face. After a few weeks of only wearing fire nation gowns, it feels good being in what I'm comfortable with. I ran out of my chambers and down to the main doors. The Water Tribe ships were already there. A smile was plastered on my face as the ship doors opened. Then revealed my brother, already looking at me. I ran up to the ship and embraced him. 

"Sokka, I have missed you so much!" I exclaimed.

"I missed you too, little sister." He said. We got out of the embrace and walked down to the shore of the castle. We then walked into the castle, talking about how we have been as well as other small things. Then the Fire Nation royal family walked up to us. 

"Hello Sokka, pleasure to finally meet you." Fire Lord Ozai said, extending his hand to shake Sokka's. He rejected his gesture, serves Ozai right. 

"I can't say I'm happy to be here, but I'll do anything for my sister." He smiled. Ozai displayed a slight smirk. 

"Well please come inside and make yourself at home." The Fire Lord said. He gestured us forward into the hallway. 

"The servants will take your things." Ozai said. 

"No, I'll have Haru bring my things in." Sokka said 

"Then I will leave you to it." The Fire Lord said. He gestured for Zuko and Azula to come with him and they obeyed like they are supposed too. I could feel Zuko's eyes on me as he left. It felt like he was burning holes into the back of my head. Does he still hate me after that incident?

"Who's Haru?" I asked. 

"He is a kid from the Earth Kingdom who's staying in the Water Tribe for awhile." He said. 

"Why isn't he in the Earth Kingdom?" I asked, pressing more more information. 

"That is classified for now, you never know who is listening." Sokka winked. I shook my head yes as he called for a tall, long haired man to come forward. He was wearing traditional Earth Kingdom clothing and he was quite handsome now that I think about it. He walked to us and stood in front of Sokka. 

"Almost all of your things have been brought to your chambers, Captain." Haru said. His voice was deep but still youthful. 

"Captain? You make him call you captian?" I asked jokingly. 

"You hush" Sokka said, putting his finger over my mouth. I giggled. 

'So this must be the lovely Katara. I have heard so much about you." Haru said. He then took my hand to his mouth and kissed it. I blushed at the sudden act of chivalry. 

"I'm sorry I can't say the same about you." I said, still blushing. 

"There's not much to hear about me." he chuckled. 

"How long are staying with my brother?" I asked. 

"Just until things settle down in the Earth Kingdom." Haru simply said. I accepted the answer knowing in the back of my head the state of the Earth Kingdom. 

"Well shall we go and face the wolves?" I jokingly asked. They both shook their heads yes and we walked further down the long hallway. We walked into the dining room and brunch had already been served. Sokka and I sat down and Haru stood beside us. 

"Captain, I wish to be excused." Haru said. Sokka shook his head yes and waved him off. Haru looked back at me and winked. I blushed yet again. Suddenly I could feel the Fire Prince's mean eyes on me. I shot him a menacing look as the Fire Lord gave a toast. 

"To our guest, Sokka. I hope your time here is fulfilling in many ways." Ozai said, holding his goblet to the sky. 

"I am sure it will be." My brother said, doing the same. We all held up our glasses in unison and said cheers to Sokka's arrival. Everyone did this, except Zuko. 

"Ozai, it seems as if your son is giving my brother disrespect. He did not raise his glass." I decided to say . Take that Zuko. 

"Son, why won't you celebrate our guest? I command that you raise your glass to Sokka." Ozai said. My face was nothing but smiles as Zuko stood up. 

"To Sokka." He said, quietly.

"Louder!" The Fire Lord yelled. Zuko winced at the volume of his father's domineering voice. 

"To Sokka!" Zuko shouted. Suddenly he threw his cup to the ground and stomped out of the dining room. I caught him looking back at me as he opened the door. His face looked as if he was about to murder. 

"Now that we have that out of the way. Let's eat." Azula said from beside me. I'm surprised that she hasn't said anything this whole time. I grabbed my fork and started eating in silence. 

This tense silence lasted til the end of the meal.