Seven: In a Room, Alone, with Zuko

*Katara POV*

"I hope you accept my apology," Zuko said with a small smile. I nodded my head "yes" and walked toward the door. I waved goodbye with the blush on my face still lingering. I looked into his eyes as I exited; they were so gentle, almost reassuring. I closed the door and pressed my back to it. I slid my way down with my hands on my face. My face was still steaming hot. Where did that come from? Does Zuko actually like me in a way that is beyond what I have thought? My heart is beating out of my chest. Is there still hope for my country as well as my feelings? I sat up and started walking out of Zuko's hallway. I looked back at his door... and thought about who is behind it.

-The Next Morning-

"Good morning ma'am," My lady's maids said as they brought in my morning tea. I have been awake almost all night; unable to get last night out of my head. I could still feel his lips on mine as if he were here in this room. I blushed at that thought. I've never felt this way before. However, I cannot let this crush get in the way of my duties as a Water Tribe leader. I sat up and got out of my bed and drew a bath for myself. I quickly set myself down in it and washed, as I usually do. I then strolled over to my closet and picked out my everyday, Water Tribe, clothes. I did not particularly feel like dressing in anything too formal. I put my hair in my usual style with part of it hanging out. I looked in a mirror for final touches, I felt beautiful.

I walked down to the main dining room and sat down for breakfast. Sokka and Haru followed close behind and sat down next to me. I could feel Haru's eyes on me as he sat down next to my brother. I shot him a quick glance and could see his smirk; I blushed.

"So, when are you going back home?" I asked Sokka.

"In about a week, I still have some business to attend to," Sokka said.

"Aw that's too bad, I thought I would've been rid of you by now." I teased. Sokka shot me a playful glare and nudged my side. I giggled. Suddenly, the doors opened to reveal the Fire Nation royal family. Zuko strolled in behind his father. His face was stern but his steps were soft. He sat down next to me and shot me a small smile. I smiled back as the others filed in. Azula sat next to Zuko on the other side. She has a smirk on her face; she always looks likes she's planning something evil. Ozai sat in his seat and started to eat; we then started to eat as well.

"Zuko", I whispered." He looked at me.

"I wanted to talk about last night," I said while putting a piece of fruit in my mouth. I wanted to act casual but still concerned with thought. Zuko smirked.
"Meet me in my room after breakfast." He whispered.
My face went white. I have to go back to his room? Oh god. Why am I so nervous? I'm going to mess this up for sure. I looked down at my plate and pondered what Zuko was going to try. Is he going to act koi like nothing happened? Or is he going to ravish me like a dog?
Breakfast then drew to a close, that was fast. I sat up from my chair and exited the dining hall. Zuko was hot in my tail. Get it, hot? Because he is a fire bender?
I quickly walked up the stairs with Zuko filing behind me. I could feel his breath on my neck, it was intoxicating.
We ran into his room and slammed the door. I leaned my back against it. My innocent eyes stared into his. Zuko stared back as if I was the only girl in the world. He gave me a toothless smile.
"I haven't stopped thinking about you". He said. I blushed and looked down at the floor.
"Why are you looking down, when I am right here?" He said while bringing up my face. He caressed my cheek and brought my face up to his. Our lips touched once more. I could get used to this feeling. Zuko's hands started to wander as we walked toward his bed. My body started to feel as if it was in fire. We climbed onto his bed, the kiss never wavering. His hands were now starting to touch places I have never touched. I gasped at his gesture. Zuko put his finger to my lips.
"Be quiet, my love, we don't want the guards to hear". Zuko said quietly into my ear.
I kissed him once more. I put my hands on his face and pulled him closer. I needed him to be closer.Zuko's lips started to kiss the nape of my neck. I quietly moaned.
"Do you enjoy that?" He asked. I nodded as I felt like my throat was on fire from his touch.
Then suddenly he pinned me down on the bed. I stared at him with intensity. Zuko kissed me passionately and grinded his hips into mine. I moaned again with a little more vigor. I have never felt like this before.
Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.
"Prince Zuko, we need to discuss your wedding plans."
It was his father.
I tried to gasp but Zuko covered my mouth.
"Just a second, Father". Zuko cringed. He looked to me desperately and motioned for me to get under the bed. I nodded my head, yes, and tried my best to fit in the tiny frame.
"Come in". Zuko said.