Reunion

Cole was worried. Jay was being quiet on their ride though the forest. Little did Cole know that his friend was no longer behind him.

"Jay is everything okay, you seem kinda quiet." Cole asked, as he turned around. To his shock, Jay wasn't there.

Panic quickly filled Cole's face. "What have I done?" He asked himself. "I just lost the prince" he said answering his own question.

He quickly rode back the way he can, to see if he could find his friend. "Why didn't I keep a better eye on him Rocky?" He asked his horse.

Rocky just snorted and keep running while Cole called for Jay. "Jay!!! Where are you!!!"

Just when he was about to call Jay's name again, he heard rustling by the bushes. He quickly got out the sword he brought, got off Rocky, and readied himself for a fight. Thankfully his grandfather trained him on how to fight, with or without a weapon.

Cole got in a fighting stance, and was about to tell whoever was in the bushes to come out, when Jay came walking out of the bushes with Wisp.

"Jay!" Cole yelled and hugged his friend. He was happy that Jay was okay, but it quickly turned in anger.

"Why did you wonder off the trail?" Cole asked angrily as soon as they were done hugging.

"I'm sorry Cole, I heard a noise and wanted to check it out. I should have told you first." Jay said, he sounded really sorry.

Cole's anger quickly left him. This was Jay's first time out of the palace he reminded himself.

"It's okay Jay, I'm just glad you aren't hurt." He said and wrapped one of his arms around Jay.

"So, what was the noise?" Cole asked, a smile now on his face.

"It was just a girl and her horse." Jay said, and smiled widely.

Cole's smile disappeared and he quickly grabbed his friends shoulders. "What did you tell her? What did she say? Did she recognize you as the prince?" Cole asked.

"I didn't tell her I'm the prince, and she doesn't know." Jay said.

Cole calmed down and left go of Jay. "Okay, but I think we should head back to the palace." He said and got back on Rocky. Jay nodded in agreement and got on Wisp.

"Hey Cole, can I ask a favor of you?" Jay asked as soon as they were on their way.

"Depends on what it is." Cole said, smiling.

"Do you think you could sneak me out of the palace tomorrow before dusk?" Jay asked.

All the color was gone in Cole's face when he heard what Jay wanted to do. It was a very bad idea, he had to stay in the palace until sunset or the curse could come true.

"I don't think so buddy, you'll probably just be watched by Wu tomorrow, and everyone will probably not leave you alone long enough to sneak you out." Cole said, not looking at Jay in the eyes. Jay could tell when he was lying.

Jay got suspicious when Cold didn't look at him when he replied to Jay's question. "Cole, is there something you want to tell me?" Jay asked.

Cole sighed and looked at his best friend. "It's a long story, and I'll tell you once we're safely inside the castle." Cole said looking at the setting sun. "It's time you knew the truth."