Sam's Shame

"Sam! Give me that back!" Mino ran after the warewolf who took her bok she's been reading. He laughed. They continued to run threw the town. The town's people smiled at the two.

They knew that if Sam wasn't a warewolf, and their princess' s guard. And the mark on their Princess's hand. Then the two would already be courting, and soon, married.

"You've already read this book over a million times." Sam said, stopping. Allowing his princess to catch up. He held her book up in the air. She tried to get it. But he was much taller then her.

Sam was holding up one of Mino's favourite romance novel. It was called 'rasome' by Julie Garwood.

Sam saw she stopped trying to grab her book. So he looked at her.

She was giving him her famous puppy dog eye's. Her bottom lip was out in a cute pout. She knew he couldn't resist her pout and puppy dogeyes. Hell he knew he couldn't resist her. Period.

She was cheating.

Sam chuckled and he felt that he needed her to be closer to him. So he pulled her close. She blushed, and saw his eyes turn gold Agian.

"Sam?" They heard, Anna call. Sam and Mino looked at the beautiful queen. Mino looked at Sam, who looked disappointed, shameful, sad, and full of pain. She hated that he was like this. And and she wanted to help him.

She also saw that he looked at her mother a bit gratefully.

"Can we speak with you?" Anna asked Sam. He nodded and handed Mino her book. He walked to his queen. Van walked up to his wife and his daughters guard.

Sam lowered his head in shame.

"Sam? It's your wolf? Isn't it?" Anna asked. Sam nodded. "The full moon is coming up soon. And with us all getting older. My wolf wants to.. um.. to um.."

Van and Anna knew this was awkward for the shifter. Talking about his and his wolf's mating urges to his unknowing mate's parents.

"She isn't old enough for you to perform the mateing ceremony with her Sam." Anna said. Van was surprised at how calm his wife was with all of this. It was there only daughter they was talking about.

Sam nodded.

"I'm only so strong over my wolf. Especially before and during the full moon." Sam said. Anna held out the shock collar that was made especially for him. He sighed sadly, and took it. He put it on and the lock disappeared.

It will only appear after the full moon.

"Why can't I at least tell her?" Sam wondered. Van put a hand on the shifters shoulder. And gave it a friendly squeeze.

"Tell who what?" Valcen asked, walking up to them.

"Nothing son." Van said. "It's about Mino isn't it?" Valcen asked. He's seen how the warewolf looked at his sister. Just like the town's people, he saw the attraction between the two.

"You love her. Don't you?" Valcen pushed. Sam sighed sadly. "It's much more difficult then that Valcen." Sam said.

"Valcen. Go do your studies. I'm sure your not done." Van said. Valcen huffed but left.

----

Valcen went to his families library and started to study. But not for school. On wolfs.

He wanted to know what Sam and his parents was hidding.

What he learned shocked him.

(Mino at 13)