Chapter 3

Samantha looked around the wooded area crying softly to what just happened hours ago. All of them had been waiting on Negan and Rick to return.

Samantha was trying to distract herself by guessing the time and how long they all where there. And waiting on Rick and Negan. When she guess for the thousandth time, she heard the RV pulling up. Once it was in few she froze in place looking all over the RV. There was blood covering parts of it.

It felt like and eternity before the RV door slammed open and both Rick and Negan came out.

"Rick do you know what that trip was about. It was about a look that you where giving me and you still are giving that same damn look."

Negan walked around Samantha then back to Rick. He looked up at Carl.

"Kid.........right here." He said moving his fingers in a come here motion. " Kid....now."

Samantha watched as Carl stood up and walked toward Negan and Rick. Carl looked at Sam and made a face practically say  'its gonna be ok.' Samantha looked him in the eyes and shook her head no.

Sam look at Negan as he began to take his belt off.

"Are you a south paw?"

"Am I a what?" Samantha shook her head at his aittuide.

"Are you a lefty?"

"No."

Sam saw Negan raise his eyebrows a little at Carl. Negan put the belt around his left arm.

"Good."
.
.
.
"That hurt?"

"No."

"It should. It's supposed to.......alright...get down on the ground kid....next to daddy and SPRead them wings."

He said taking Carl's hat and throwing it on the ground. Carl didn't take a second thought and started to get on the ground. Right when he was about to lay down he looked over to be but was pushed down by Negan.

Negan stood up and looked around thinking.

"Simon.....you got a pen?"

"Yea." He said softly grabbing for his pen and tossing it to Negan. Negan bent down and started to pull Carl's sleeve up his arm.

"Sorry kid.....this is gonna be as cold as a warlocks ball sack as if he was hanging it above you and draaag it right across your forearm. There you go gives you a little leverage."

Rick started to shake his head no.

"Please please don't please don't."

Negan and Rick made eye contact for a few seconds.

"Me?......I ain't doing shit." Negan laughed softly while standing up

"Ahhh Rick I want you to take your axe and cut your son's left arm off right on that line. Now I know I know you have to process that for a second that makes sense still though..I'm gonna need you to do it or all these people are gonna die....then Carl dies then the people back home die and then you eventually. I'll keep you breathing for a few years just so you can stew on it."

Samantha looked at Carl then Rick then Negan. She could help it.

"Yo-yo don't have to do this we understand. We understand. We-"

"You understand......yea I'm not sure that Rick does." He said looking at Sam.

"Now I'm gonna need a clean cut right there on that line now I know that this is a screwed up thing to ask but it's gonna have to be done Salome slice, nothing messy clean 45 degrees gives us something to fold over. We have a great doctor the kid'll be fine. Probably."

Samantha whimpered at the last part of his command.

"Rick." Negan said bending down. "Listen this needs to happen now chop chop or I will crush the little fellas skull myself."

"It cou- it could be me. It could be me. Wha- well you could do it to me. I could go with-with you."

"No..this is the only way." Negan said standing up. "Rick...pick up the axe. Not making a decision is a BIG decision. You really wanna see all these people die. You will you will see ever ugly thing."

Samantha looked at Negan with shock on her face. She heard Rick start to sob.

"Oh my god are you gonna make me count?...... OK Rick you win I am counting. 3."

"PLEASE uh uh PLEASE iuh could ube me PLLEASEA!"

"2."

"Please don't do-."

Rick was cut short with a slap to the face by Negan. He grabbed his face making him look him in the eyes.

"This is it."

Rick started to yell while grabbing the axe and Carl's hand.

"Dad just do it. Just do it."

Rick lifted the hammer while yelling but stopped when Negan bent down.

"You answer to me. You provide for me. You belong to me. Right?"

Rick shook his head yes. Samantha put her hands to her face and started to let the tears flow once more.

"SPEAK WHEN YOUR SPOKEN TO!"

Samantha jumped at his yelling. Causing her to cry out a scream. Negan looked at her then right back to Rick.

"YOU ANSWER TO ME. YOU PROVIDE FOR ME."

"I provide for you."

"YOU BELONG TO ME RIGHT."

"Right"

"Right. That is the look I wanted to see." Negan said pointing to Rick. He stood up and took the axe from the ground.

"You did it. All of us together. Even the dead guys on the ground they get the sport award for sure. Today was a productive damn day. Now I hope for all your sake.....that you get it now. That you understand how things work. Things have changed. Whatever you had going for you that is over now. Huuugh Dwight load him up."

Samantha looked from her hands and saw that he was pointing to her dad. Right when they grabbed him she started to yell.

"NNO NO PLEASE NO DON'T PLEASE." Samantha got up running for her father but was stopped when someone through her to the ground and got on top of her.

"Well you see they both have guts. Not like a little bitch like someone I know. I like him he's mine now and soon she will be too after I break her father. But you still wanna try something 'not to day not tomorrow' Not today Not tomorrow I will cut pieces off ah. ........Hell's his name?"

"Daryl."

"Wow that actually sounds right. I will cut pieces off of Daryl and put them on your door step or better yet I will bring him to you and have YOU do it for me. Heh heh."

Negan stood up patting Rick on the back.

"Welcome to a new beginning you sorry shits.......I'm gonna leave you a truck keep it use it to hold all the crap your gonna find me. We'll be back for our first offering in 1 week until then ta ta."

The man that was pinning Sam down got off and walked away with the rest of the men. Samantha got up and ran the the van and banged on the window. Samantha started to cry even harder as it started to drive away with the person she loved most.