Chapter 8

Samantha looked at her bike in the trunk of the car. She felt bad. She lied to Rick, her hallucination, and her dream that Goddamn dream. This dream while she was in a coma she couldn't get it out of her head. That's all she could think about. She gently touched the handle of the bike. Feeling the leather like plastic beneath her finger tips.

"Samantha your awake. It's so good to see that your ok."

She turned around and was greeted with a tight hug from Gabriel. She flinched not expecting something like this. She slowly put her arms around to his back and pulled him in tightly. She put her left cheek on his right shoulder facing away from him. They held that for a few minutes before he broke away. He looked at her with concern written on his face. He put a finger on her right cheek and wiped away a stray tear. She put her sleeve over her hand and wiped away her tears. Just now realizing she had started to cry.

"What is wrong Samantha? What happened?"

"It's nothing I had this....this dream.

"You saw your Uncle I know Aaron told me."

"No it was different. While I was asleep 'here'. It....it felt so real."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not right now not here."

"SAM COME ON LETS GO!"

Gabriel looked at her.

"Your leaving. To where?"

"The Hilltop to see Maggie."

"I see. I would stop you but I know you and your father are the stubbornness of the group."

She nodded and slammed the trunk shut. She turned back around. She held her hand out waiting for him to take it to shake. Once he grabbed it she smiled and let go. She walked over to the passenger door and got in.

"You ready?"

"Yeah."

She slammed the car door and just sat there waiting on Eugene to open the gate. Once it opened and they drove off she turned around and saw Gabriel and Eugene watching them drive off. She turned around when she saw the gate start to close. She sighed and looked at the window.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing."

She felt eyes on her and turned around to face Carl.

"Nothing's wrong I can't take a deep breath."

"No you can't."

"Well I guess you'll have to deal with it."

"Hm."

She smiled at Carl. And turned her head only to widen her eyes in fear as they head straight for a metal pole.

"CARL PAY ATTENTION!"

She felt him swerve to the left really hard and slam on the breaks throwing her forward and hitting her forehead and nose, causing her head to swell and a bloody nose.

"JESUS!"

She sat back holding her hand to her nose. She opened the door quickly trying to stop the bleeding.

"Samantha are you ok?"

"Yeah yeah I'm fine."

"Let me look at it."

"No it's fine just a bloody nose."

She heard Carl dig in his pocket.

"Here take these napkins."