Chapter 7

Rick sat there staring at Samantha. She had a tube in her throat to help her breath. She had IVs in both hands. He had been in here for hours just listening to her heart monitor and watching her hoping that she would wake up. She's been in a sleep like coma going on a week. Olivia said she didn't really know if it was a coma. She read that dehydration can lead to a coma and that this could possibly be indeed a coma. Rick had tears in his eyes. He looked at the CD music player next to her. He moved up to touch the button to open the mouth of the box. There was no CD in there. He got up and went to her and Daryl's house a few houses down. He came back with her CD with her favorite song on. He placed it in the mouth of the music box, closed it, and pressed play.  (Play the song here please)

I had a dream that you were mine I've had that dream a thousand times.

"Come on Sam wake up for me, please."

He grabbed her hand and squeezed it tightly.

I've had that dream a thousand times. I've left my room on the west side. I walked from noon until the night.

"Please wake up Sam. I know  you are in pain. Your hurting more than we are all combined. I should've stayed and talk to you. Good why didn't I stay"

Rick was in tears at this point. He couldn't believe she was in this state. Looking at her. She's so pale. And skinny. Almost skin and bones from lack of water and food. He hasn't felt like this since Carl nearly died from getting his eye removed.

"I'm sorry."

I've found your old house I didn't even try. They closed the shutters. They pulled the blind. My eyes were red. The streets were bright. Those ancient years are black and white.

"Dad?"

Rick quickly wiped his eyes and turned his head. He watched as Carl walked to the foot of her bed.

"How is she doing?"

"Olivia said that she's been doing better."

"That's good. She told me she saw her foot moving last night."

Rick looked at Carl. He grabbed a chair and moved it beside him and motioned for him to sit.

If I had your number i'd call you tomorrow if my eyes were open I'd be kicking the door in. But all that I have is this old dream I've always had.

"She has terrible taste in music."

Rick chuckled at him and looked at him from the corner of his eye.

"Your not really the one that gets to talk."

They both began to laugh. But was stopped mid laugh by Samantha quickly sitting up and screaming.

"GO GET OLIVIA NOW!"

Carl quickly ran three houses down to Olivia's house. Rick grabbed Samantha's shoulders and tries to calm her down.

"HEY HEY SAM IT'S Ok Hey it's ok it's ok."

Samantha started to relax. Starting to know and understand how she got here and what happened from what she could remember. Rick pulled her into his chest and rocked her back and front while he sat on the bed next to her. Olivia and Carl ran through the door a few seconds later.

"Ok ok don't panic Olivia. Ok Samantha I'm gonna need you to lay down for a minute please sweetheart."

Sam looked at Olivia starting to recognise her a little from her vision still being bleary. She got out of Rick's grip and laid down.

"Now Sam this is gonna feel weird ok."

Olivia took the tape from her face that was holding the tube still.

"Samantha I'm going to need to to be still. Ok one, two, three."

Olivia removed the tube quickly allowing Samantha to move her mouth more freely and breath a little bit more air.

The curtains are closing. But all that I have is this old dream. I've always had. A thousand times. A thousand times. I've had that dream a thousand times. A thousand times. A thousand times. I've had that dream a thousand times. A thousand times. A thousand times. I've had that dream a thousand times. A thousand times. A thousand times. I've had that dream a thousand times.

The CD player opened as Samantha sat up in her "hospital bed" and looked around the clinic. She had never been in here. She's never had to.

"How do you feel Sam?"

She looked at Carl then looked down at her hands.

"I'm going to go scavenge for food and weapons I should be back later today."

Samantha nodded. She was on the verge of crying. Carl bent down on his knee.

"I'm gonna be right here for you ok."

"Carl I'm going to need you to leave for a few minutes."

Carl looked at Olivia then to Samantha. And placed his hand on her shoulder and squeezed gently. He let go and turned around walking out the door.

"I'm going to take off your hospital gown and wash you."

Samantha sat there while Olivia got the water, soap, and rag. She didn't move an inch not even when Olivia started to take off her gown. Samantha laid down and turned on her side. Olivia said nothing as she started to washed her down. Samantha waited until Olivia was on the other side of her where she was faced away from her to let the tears out.

"I'm going to go I'll be back in a few minutes."

Samantha laid there until she was out of the house. Once she knew she was gone she got up and put on her hospital gown and ran to the back yard. She walked to the gate and opened it and walked through others yards until she was at her home. She walked to her back steps and opened the back door and stepped in. She went to the stair case but stopped as she saw her laundry in the middle of the TV room floor. She walked towards the basket and got on her knees. She pulled out her skinny jeans, long sleeve flannel. She looked around for her vest. She saw it hanging on her tall lamp. She got up and walked towards it. She grabbed it from the lamp and took the hanger out of the sleeves. She noticed a paper taped to it. She grabbed it and opened it.

'The Lord is always with you Samantha.' -Gabriel

Samantha sat down on her couch. And stared down at the note.

"You wanna come with me Sammy?"

She looked up to see Carl.

"To where?"

"The Hill Top to Maggie."

She looked down again at the note.

"Yea I'll go."