2 ; a pain in the ass

your's truly,
PARK CHAEYOUNG ROSÉ

"I'm sorry, Ms Park. Unfortunately I can not accept your application."

"Ms. Chaeyoung, your credentials are out of this world but I'm afraid I must reject your application."

"Park Chaeyoung? You've been declined an offer."

There has to be a job. Ever since I ran out of that big bad CEO Jung Hoseok's voodoo ridden building, it's as if every job was untouchable to me. Even the small pawn shops have ignored my applications.

"Chaeyoung, is that you?"

I sighed as I kicked off my shoes and trudged towards the inside of my grandmother's home I now share with her. I can smell the dinner cooking already as she knew it's been harder and harder for me to find a job.

At this point, I think it's best I go back to Australia and figure shit out on my own again. Despite my parents being a little too demeaning towards me. I guess I'm better off there than here.

"Halmeoni?" I answered back tiredly as I took the same steps back inside as I did the days before. "I'm home."

"Good good." I heard her cheerful voice respond. "There's a young man here for you! Meet us in the kitchen."

I sighed.

Another business man my father sent. This is starting to get annoying. At this point, I feel like I should take the next plane ad I see just to put an end to my misery.

"Coming."

I rubbed at my sore eyes as I walked into the kitchen only for my stresses to be brought up again upon seeing the man who came to see me.

You'd think the smirk would be exhausting the second time around.

"You didn't tell me you had gotten a job."

"That's cause I didn't." I slurred back with a troubling tone. "Halmeoni, will you give us a minute?"

He just sat there, smirking at me. With my cup. The cup I use for dinner every night in his filthy hands.

Just because you're beautiful, Mr. Jung Hoseok, does not give you the right to my kindness. What an asshole.

"Yes yes. Excuse me, young man. I'll be in the other room if you need me."

She sent me a wink and I nearly vomited. When she left, it took all of me not to strangle the guy.

"What the fuck are you doing in my house?"

He chuckled, a low and hoarse chuckle. I dropped all formalities because I didn't want him here. And I sure as hell didn't ask for it. He's not of any high regard to me anyway.

"You should really watch that tone of yours, Ms. Park." He taunted with a menacing smile. "It could get you into trouble."

"You are the definition of trouble, Jung Hoseok." I replied taking a seat across him and downing a cup of water. "Don't think I don't know who you are and what you represent."

"A man?"

"A playboy." I raised an eyebrow at him. "I don't play games so you're at the wrong house."

"I came for your blessing. To be my assistant. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves."

I rolled my eyes. "What do you want?"

"Um.. you?"

Okay. I'm going to ignore the butterflies for the moment.

"I withdrew my application."

"And that's not up to you."

Our eyes narrowed into each other's, our tempers obviously not clashing well. I took in a frustrated breath before rolling my eyes.

"It's going to take more than coming to my house to make me be your assistant." I told him only for his jaw to clench. His fingers tapped against the table impatiently as he thought of a way to get me to say I will. "Why do you want me so bad anyway? I know you hire an assistant, get them to bed, break their little heart and then they quit to your advantage."

"You'll be different."

I laughed sardonically and huffed. "That's what they all say.

I shouldn't have said it like that.

"This has happened to you before?"

"What I've seen happen to people before." I corrected triumphantly when I made up a great excuse for that remark.

"I want an assistant who'll stay by my side this time." He groaned out rubbing at his temples. "I need sales to go up. I'm not making any and Kim Taehyung is surpassing my net worth. I'm not okay with that."

I rolled my eyes at the overly cocky business man at my dining table. "We need to set some rules if I agree to be your assistant."

"I don't bide well with rules."

"You're going to have to start or else you'll be looking at another woman to add to your drool-over list."

He smirked at that. "And who says I won't be drooling over you?"

"Ugh." I feigned disgust even though the sound of that was very tempting. "Keep your dick in your pants, Mr. Jung."

He shrugged as if saying he can't help it and I thought hard about the things that could happen if I do agree to be his assistant.

"No hands." I started and his eyebrow cocked up with curiosity and confusion. "If I become your assistant, the only times you would lay a hand on me is if you're escorting me. Rule number one."

"I'm a handsy guy."

"And I like my personal space."

"I can compromise." He sighed leaning on his forearms in deep interest. "Go on. There must be more."

"My personal time will be my own personal time. My schedule that is set to you, I'll let you have but you don't control me once your time is up."

He licked at his teeth inside his arched lips and nodded. "Noted."

"Last rule."

He took in a deep breath as did I.

"I fall in love easily, Jung Hoseok. If I fall in with you, I decide if I can leave."

"W-what?" He looked at me in horror and I smiled softly.

"I don't want to fall in love with you."

He laughed with a tinge of venom, not liking how offensive the rule and statement escaped my mouth.

"What if I fall for you before you fall in love with me?"

"I don't have a rule for that yet.."

He looked me dead in the eye, his expression not wavering from distance and stern. I sighed, it coming or more shaky from careful disdain than I had wanted.

"You don't need to worry about that, Park Chaeyoung." His lips twitched. A frown to a smile to a straight line. "I don't fall in love with girls like you— in fact, I don't fall in love at all."

"And why's that, Mr. Jung?"

"Love's for the weak. Not for the mighty."

"Then I really hope you're as big and bad as you say." I answered before holding my hand out to his area of personal space. "You've gotta deal, Jung."

"Starting from now, it'll be Sir Jung." His hand grazed mine with tenderness and I stared into his dark brown eyes. "And smile at me why don't you."