10 ; a night with words that matter

"If you had something to do with your sister being disengaged by one of the most successful bachelors of South Korea, Rosé Chaeyoung Park, so help me I will finally disown you as a child. Mark my words."

My birthday couldn't have gotten any worse. That and it just had to revolve around the fact Hoseok was intertwined in my problems.

Alcohol couldn't even begin to sooth the angst in my body. However, I have to thank him. I've been trying to find an excuse to get rid of my sorry family for a while now.

Jeju was the same. Work, roommate, alcohol. What my normal day looks like. This time, Seokjin was here to see me at home.

"How was work?" He asked jumping off the kitchen counter to greet me.

I sighed. "The physicians are great. They do so much I barely feel like I worked."

"That's the point, bub." He handed me a cup of water as he lead me to sit on the couch. "If it makes you feel any better, I abruptly dropped the ongoing loan with your parents. They owe more than a quarter of a billion."

"Great." I rubbed at my temples showing a sense of relief. "Give them a sense of actual responsibility for once."

"Speaking of responsibility.."

I turned to face Jin and saw the regretful look on his face. I already smiled. Just to show him I would be okay.

"I'm sorry. It's urgent and they need me back in Seoul tonight." It wasn't a surprise when the news escaped his lips. "Chaeyoung, I'm—"

"Don't be." I hummed after nodding my head. "I'll be okay. I need to start packing for the weekend anyway."

"We'll all be there."

"Hoseok?" I asked with a crooked frown and he sighed.

"You don't have to go."

My phone in my pocket vibrated for the millionth time today. Knowing well who it was, I ignored it again.

"No I do. Go get ready. I'll drive you to the airport."

His nod was sensible. He knew I wanted to handle something and when he left the room I pulled out my phone.

I'm on my way.

I was starting to feel like Hoseok really meant it when he said he wanted me.

Something I wasn't well affiliated with.

With a heavy heart and a sore body, I dropped off my best friend and bid him a safe trip before driving back to my home where I'm sure my bitchy roommate probably let in a handsome man of my past.

After locking my car and trudging my already dreaded steps towards my front door, I was greeted by Hoseok who was waiting for me outside with his luggage at his feet.

"I told you I'd be here."

"I never invited you." I forced out lowly moving past him only to be pulled back. I was annoyed. Just annoyed. Because I can't believe he followed up with his words and really wanted to do this to prove a point. I just don't know what to do or how to react. "Hoseok, why are you here?"

"I told you why."

"And you expect me to let you sleep in my two bedroom apartment with my roommate home?"

He shrugged. "She offered to sleep at her mom's till we figure things out."

"What things?" I nudged at that not liking how he expressed our relationship in public. "— Hoseok we are not a thing in general."