4 ; a habit that dies hard

your's truly,
PARK CHAEYOUNG ROSÉ

"How's the taste?" Hoseok asked me, leaning against the palm of his hand as he watched me pluck at the sushi on my plate.

"Absolutely divine." I smiled kindly. "Thank you for the treat."

"We have much more to do." He leaned back now against his chair to finally dig in after letting me start. A gentlemen way to treating a woman to dinner. Though he may be a playboy, he knew his manners. "Tomorrow you are meeting my affiliates. My partners and close friends."

"Oh?" I choked a bit on the food I tried to swallow before knotting my closed lips. "B-but I haven't started."

"They don't mind." He didn't even send me a passing glance as he replied. "They asked to meet you first."

I choked again.

"The men on the same magazine as you?" I blinked rapidly with flushed cheeks. "Those scary men in suits and stuff?"

"Learn proper vocabulary please, Chaeyoung." He laughed at my casualness with him. I poked at my dinner still thinking about the plans for tomorrow. "Please don't be nervous. They are kinder than I am."

"That is not even close to reassuring!" I whispered in aggravation. "You can be very frustrating and it's been—what? A day?"

"You'll be working with them without me at times, Chaeyoung, bear that in mind." He playfully pointed his chopsticks at me and I frowned hanging my head in despair. "Come on now, beauty. They're not that bad. They don't have assistants to help them. So you must help them with their affairs as well. They're my partners so they become yours."

"I'm a business graduate.."

With a doctors in medicine..

"I don't know much."

What a lie, Chaeyoung.

"Well I can—"

It was maybe the worst time to get a phone call. One that mattered more than him at the moment. He stopped with obvious distaste at the interrupting ring at my bag and I sent him an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled. "I have to take this call."

"I hope this doesn't become a habit of yours."

I looked at him with pained eyes and he saw right through me. I failed to answer a good reply— any at that, as I took the call at the restroom halls.

"This better be important, Ji-won."

His low and raspy voice filled my ears, the love I once had for him slowly starting to fill in my chest. "Where's the I miss you, baby? Or the, how are things?"

I sighed. "I'm busy.."

"I miss you."

My eyes closed and I swallowed down my strained stresses before replying. "I do."

"I'm flying there this weekend." He added with a calm voice, his caring aura making me feel comfy like it usually does. "I've finished my surgeries and I'm ready for my leave. To visit my fiancé."

I smiled, a small blush creeping on my cheeks. "Halmeoni knows?"

"She's been informed." He added sounding like he was finishing up paperwork still. "But we will be staying at your parents vacation home that weekend. Until I leave back."

"Are you entirely sure we should rush the marriage, Jiwon-ah?" I skeptically asked keeping my voice hushed and my eyes at the entrance of the hall. "Three months seems so soon now."

"It's still up to you."

I wish it really was.

"I'll call you when I get home, okay?" I mumbled again.

"Okay, baby." He replied roughly and coarse, tired from his day. "I love you."

I hummed in response not finding it in me to say it. My eyes shut with twisted strain and he sighed on the other side of the line.

"Still can't give me that answer can you?"

"I like you, Jiwon." I humbly replied. "But it's hard to say those words you say when I was forced into this.."

"I hope that'll change the day you say I do."

He hung up before me and I felt more stressed out than ever.

The arranged marriage caught the both of us by surprise. But when we met, I fell for him. But with the anger of it being arranged by my parents overlapped the growing love I was supposed feel for Jiwon. I can't help but feel against him though I don't want too.

He's a great man and an even better surgeon. But I wanted to fall in love with him without the strings attached.

It's too bad my mind thinks for itself.

I walked back to the dinner table to see Hoseok looking through his phone. When he heard the heels of my shoes hit the tile floors, he looked up.

"How was the important phone call?"

"Dealt with."

.

"Those are a lot of shopping bags, sweetie." My grandmother squealed with delight. "Anything for me?"

I laughed at my overly happy grandmother and shook my head. "Unfortunately, they were paid by my boss for his affairs only. Not my leisure, Halmeoni."

She grumbled at my use of words. "He's already changing you to those big shot politicians."

"He's a business man, Halmeoni."

"Same difference." She giggled. "Speaking of handsome rich men, your hot fiancé called saying he'll be here Friday night. Are you excited?"

I sighed. "Too.."

"That's a good thing, my dear child." She comforted rubbing at my back soothingly. "You like him. So ignore your parents for now."

"I know."

"You should ask him. To move here back in Korea." She replied. "Maybe he'll agree."

"I meet with his father too when he arrives." I rubbed at my knees nervously. "He's flying in from America."

"Good good." She saw the sadness sketched in my expression and sighed again. "Get some rest, sweetie. It's been a long day."

I did as she asked nodding to her. When I arrived in my room, the first thing I looked at was the small treasure chest on my vanity that held my prized possession. The engagement ring that I dreaded to wear but wanted to.

I dropped my bags softly and walked over to open it revealing the 24 karat diamond ring. I slipped it carefully on my finger remembering the face of the man who gave it to me.

But unintentionally, not by me but by my stubborn mind, another attractive face filled my thoughts.

My fingertips twitched at the thought of both men filling my desires and I hated it. That I wanted two men with consequential circumstances.

Both handsome.

Both rich.

Both equally as kind and comforting.

But out of my reach.

I debated keeping the ring on to show Hoseok I can not be touched and the reason I made the rules in the first place. I debated whether I should keep it on to make myself more okay with the engagement.

But as always, I removed the ring again and placed it in the inside of the chest locking it with the key this time.

When the time comes, I'll know what to do.

But for now, I'll just go to sleep.