9 ; a girl worth fighting for

thanks for your consideration,
Jung Hoseok

"It doesn't look pretty, does it?"

I hated hearing Yoongi's criminal voice sing behind my back.

My jaw clenched watching this horrifying scene unfold at me.

"When someone close to you, that you thought loved you, would love someone you wanted so much."

Call me selfish. I shouldn't have direly agreed to marry her sister in the first place. It was immoral let alone completely out of thought.

Chaeyoung was a prize. A prize I thought was just a treat. I lost her before I got the chance. When I received her letter, I was stunned to say the least. It was short after I agreed to marry her sister to benefit her hospital growth all together. I was asked a favor— to assist their daughter by marrying the other for the popularity. When I already knew myself I wanted the least revolting one.

I'm a man of little thought. With straightforward intentions but with Chaeyoung I had to think. So hard about the things I did and what I were to do. I'm not well acquainted with heartbreak let alone a woman that I wanted to spend more than one night with.

Her letter was deeply intimate. As if she was talking to me in my face. Tears in her eyes with purity in her tone and expression. Everything about Chaeyoung is so utterly real I had no idea how to cherish her. And when she congratulated me on her marriage, I felt resentment. Anger and betrayal that she was so okay with it.

Then I realized she didn't even know her sister was to marry me.

Now she's in the arms, lip to lip, with my best fucking friend on her god damn birthday. It was more revolting than knowing I'd have to spend some time of my life with her too curious of a sister. To my demise, I realized too.

I must admit, I don't know what love is nor do I know the feeling. I can't empathize with her because I don't know how to properly express what I feel without seeming crazy about it.

"Get me another round of whiskey please." I instructed the bartender who had came to check on us after every 10 minutes. Yoongi laughed sitting across with his legs draped around the back of a chair.

"You're pitiful, Hoseok-ah." He told me in a hushed tone and I flickered my dizzy eyes towards him with an arched frown, one to familiar to him too. "For the past months, you've been nothing but pitiful. And I'm a criminal with no remorse."

My lip twitched hating that adjective. "I am surpassing Taehyung. I have absolutely nothing to be pitiful about."

"That's debatable. Money?" He laughed in between. "Money is not a happiness. It's a leisure. I may run an illegal business. But at the end of the day, I'll always be more happier than you the more you let your greed overcome you."

"What am I to do?" I leaned forward after taking a gulp of more alcohol to drown my sorrows. "Tell the parents I'm in love with their other daughter?"

"No." He shook his head. "Now, Chaeyoung is a sweet girl. She knows who I am and what I do. She knows Seokjin has done a lot, if not, some choices he's not exactly proud of, but holds him in the highest regard possible. She's not obliged to take care of Jungkook when he does his little MMA fights out of work but she does it anyway. She holds a group of men who are uncanny to most people, a group of men who do things out of the legal circle to stay on top, with a strong liking. And despite it all, she works hard with her own efforts to push for the success we have not asking us for even a little help. And what have we done for her?"

I let out a shaky breath, the reality of it all— of her hitting me like a ton of bricks.

She is a prize. She is someone that none of us have no right to take for granted. And I make her suffer just a little more than she has to.