6 ; a liar and her list of excuses

I walked through the large building owned to one of the biggest names in South Korea's business world and searched for someone who can help me. When I saw him speaking with three other men, his eyes landed on me and he stopped abruptly.

His eyebrows tied together and he waited until I got to a reasonable distance. "Ms. Chaeyoung, I assumed you were on a plane to Australia by now."

I swallowed and waited until his sidemen left. "I have unfinished business here."

"I didn't expect to hear you are not only a nurse but an able medic-resident for us here in Korea." He feigned a genuine smile and I can see right through to his disappointment in me. "Step into my office, please."

As soon as I was able to close the door behind me, all barriers broke down.

"You're a real bitch, you know that?"

"I know." I sighed letting him vent for his best friend.

"You played games with the wrong man." He listed all my faults without hesitation. "Had the audacity of walking around an engaged woman without the pride of wearing the ring in public. You deceived not only him but us— your future partners."

"Mr. Kim Seokjin, I assure you I don't speak for my parents." I replied. "I know you plan on cutting financial ties with our hospital after finding the truth."

He smirked with venom laced lips and I swear I saw the devil. "That your parents had loaned off me for residency partnership in South Korea? Yeah.. funny how this impeccable world works."

"Hoseok confessed."

"What, his undying love for you?"

"No the fact that he can't forget about me— even if business is involved."

"What other secrets are you hiding, Chaeyoung-ssi?" He flared at me with fire in his voice and terror in his words. "You hold shares that can bring our companies down?"

"I want to properly apologize to him." I mumbled. "But he isn't answering my calls."

"And you think coming to me was a good idea?!"

"No." I shook my head. "I think reasoning with you is a good idea seeing as your parents also forced you into a life you didn't want."

His face dropped. Then he started to piece together my life. The unanswered questions wavering in his mind and he started to slowly give in to realization that everything wasn't what he made it out to seem with anger.

He felt betrayed yes.

But he can relate. And knows what it is when someone can't fight back.

"He doesn't know that, does he?" He ran his hand through his hair and looked out his large glass windows.

"That I was arranged?" I replied. "Unfortunately no. But I think he has an idea."

"He deserves to know that." He sighed letting the anger simmer down and the amends to come to a close. "Sit. I see now there is little reason to yell."

I did as he asked and I slowly started to let my feelings go.

"My ex fiancé overheard me talking to Hoseok— believed it best for me to be happy. He was kind despite having been arranged to me." I explained to Seokjin who was now more interested in reason than unethical beliefs anger can make on a human mind. "He told me to find someone I can love without the strings attached and make a life that I want. But I feel as though Hoseok is unreachable now. And it's my fault."

"The world creates fault, Chaeyoung. It's a balance."

"I wish he can at least give me some time to explain myself." I sighed. "Now that I can.."

"He's a man without reason. Abrasive— unlike me."

"Where can I find him?"

"I'll bring you there."

.

"You look fine." Seokjin sighed as I brushed off my new dress that I removed from the depths of my closet.

Fortune and prestige never looked good on me. That or I never let it. Nonetheless, it felt odd to feel pretty. I wanted Hoseok to know the truths about my life and wearing it on my sleeve, both literally and figuratively, seemed like the right thing to do.

"This is a bar for the rich." I rubbed at my hands. "I have a feeling I know what he's doing here."

Seokjin chuckled. "Well he's either drinking his anger away or finding another woman to get into his bed tonight. It's your imagination to make of the situation."

"You aren't helping."

"When will you start you residency?" Seokjin seriously moved from the subject. "I'd like to know that actually."

I sighed and pursed my lips into my mouth. "I submitted my residency last night. I'm told that I should start next week after the wrath of my parents. They found out about the engagement falling through and they're not exactly happy. They insist now that I create my own medical building here and build out our name."

"Do you want to?"

I refrained from crying my sadness and swallowed down what was left of my dignity. "Just like every other time in my life.."

I took that chance as an out and thanked Seokjin for the ride and everything else. I watched him zoom away before running inside of the bar to look for him. Now that the reality is out, I flashed my ID with carelessness but it didn't matter when they blatantly saw Kim Seokjin drop me off in front.

I searched the bar, looking for a familiar head of hair but found none. My eyebrows creased and my lips frowned at the disappointment of not finding him and a man approached me from behind the counter.

"Looking for someone, Miss?" The bartender asked while drying one of the glasses. "I can help you out. I know all the faces that come by here."

"Jung Hoseok?" I asked timidly.

His eyes narrowed at me. "He's with a woman. In the VIP lounge gathering their things to leave."

The thought of a woman being with him didn't sit nicely but I had no false expectation. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair realizing the get up I made was for nothing.

"Sorry coming here was obviously a mistake." I excused myself from the bartender only for him to call me back.

I stopped in my steps to hear him out. "He deserves to know someone was here for him at least. Can I get your name?"

"Just let him know when he can truly forgive me, that I'll be somewhere in Jeju." I mumbled but loud enough for him to hear. "He'll know who you'll be talking about."