chapter 1

Liana's POV

I had gotten the heavy as hell man inside and shut the door before nosey mister Parks, could begin to poke around. Rolled my shoulders to crack my bones because.... well the damn metal man weighed as much as a freaken car would.

He was lying face down on the floor so with my last bit of strength I rolled him over and grunted.

"Your a heavy man, gotta admit tho half of the time I was checking your ass in those pants" I said this and tilted my head. I removed hair from his face and went to retrieve a wash cloth as to further clean it. The scars from his neck made me cringe. Not because they were ugly no it further made him appealing, no it was the thought of how this man got them... then again he had a metal arm.

Cleaning his face gave me time to see his rugged beauty. Looking at him I felt my face go from thoughtful to shocked. He looked like the guy from the captain America section in one of the war museums, I frequented. I frowned. One James 'bucky' Barnes.

I smirked, proud that I had remembered. Now time to wake him up. I needed to know why his sexy self was currently unconscious on my floor, after watching 3 giant machines blast each other to hell. Looking back at my new house guest, I pondered his involvement. Heck I pondered how he was alive. I heard he had died on one of the missions against a group called Hydra. Ok I had questions and sleeping beauty was the only one who could answer.

So my hazel and green eyes went from my window I had been staring at to the man once again. How to wake him up. After some deep thinking I had an idea. I raised my hand and slapped him. He wobbled slightly with the slap but hardly budged. Heavy bugger... I huffed.

I raised my hand and delivered 2 more slaps. As I reached my next downwards blow, I squeaked. A metal hand wrapped around my wrist and suddenly I was flipped over. Both my hands at some point where held down and my body pinned by a heavy, muscley, big... ok Liana stop drooling.

By him. I was pinned by him and his eyes pinned mine. Wow so blue. It was a cerulean blue. But they were morbid. Dead even. He looked tired. It wasn't the tired sleep could fix. Oh no this man had been broken and was just tired. I felt my demeanor soften. What had he seen or done to be so broken.

"Who are you" he growled. His metal arm tightening on my wrist but what shocked me was the knife at my throat. Ooh when did that happen?

"Well you sexy beast... I am Liana Martins. Novelist slash blogger. And you are James Barnes. Sorry I forgot your middle name. Heh i tend to forget shit" I rambled. I was actually comfortable in this position... if it weren't for my injury....

"I need to get my mind out the gutter" I huffed. The man, James looked at me confused. "Why am I here ?" He asked more harshly. The knife nicking a piece of skin. I rolled my eyes. "Hey you knocked on my door big guy dont ask me questions, only you know the answer to" I pointed out.

He looked as if he were struggling with something. That's when I realized something that made me both tense and grin. "Hey uh Mister Barnes... I'm currently naked from my waist down, due to my night clothing riding up when you tackled me... mind letting me get uh covered? Unless you have other plans?" I spoke with my normal tone but anxiety was a nerve clutcher at the moment.

His eyes widened and he moved so quickly that I frowned. I quickly covered myself. "You are an odd dame. You wear no underclothing?" He asked. I rolled my shoulders as I stood up and winced as my injury throbbed. "Na I hate the feeling while I sleep . Now do you know what year it is ? Do you know who you are ? Do you know why you are here ?" I fired my questions.

His eyes widened and he looked deep in thought. He shook his head. "Its 2013 and you are the famous James...uh James... dammit I know this. Oh wait i remember. James Buchanan Barnes. Born on the 10th of March 1917. You where part of the howling comandos. You lived here in Brooklyn. You have been dead or now I see something else for something like 70 years or so. Dude your awesome" I babbled.

He stared at me frustrated. I didnt see the fist but I felt it as darkness took over.