Chapter 1

I wake up to the clamor of battle and shouts of an invader at our camp. I jump up quickly, throw on some clothes, and grab my sword.

I rush out of my tent to see some eagles, the king's elite guard force. I rush over to a group of them swarming one of our guys.

I slashed one guy's leg and he crumpled to the floor and stabbed another one straight through his stomach. My comrades take over and continue to cut down the eagles.

The eagles were all male because females are apparently too proper to fight or something like that. I turned to the next guy and we clashed swords.

This guy must be new because his arm shook when our swords collided. I twisted his sword with mine and disarmed him. I spin him around and grab him from behind, sword to his neck.

I screamed one word. "Look." My voice dripping  with venom. Every eagle spun around to listen to me. My comrades doing the same, not expecting me to be in such a bad mood.

"Either he dies or you leave and not tell anyone about us." I say addressing the crowd. My grip on the boy loosening as I address the crowd.

I see the fear on their faces as my comrades walk around taking their weapons. Not looking at me, because they know what will happen.

I look around. "Well?" I ask impatiently. I scan the crowd's eyes and see one of them widen at the boy and then go back to normal.

As if it was in slow motion, I drop my sword and simultaneously shove the boy away from me but it was too late. The boy impaled me with a dagger, right through my abdomen.

I shiver, my hand on my stomach. I look up at the boy. He looks just as shocked as me, eyes wide. I start towards him but fall onto my knees. The boy backs away from me in fear. Darkness consuming his eyes.

I grunt as I get back up, grabbing my sword. I know that if I take the dagger out I'll likely die, but I can't throw a sword. I grip the dagger in one hand and the sword in the other.

I wrench the dagger out of my stomach and stab the sword into the hole in my chest in one fluid movement. The eagles all watch my reckless behavior.

I throw the dagger and it strikes the boy right between his eyes. I look back towards the crowd, a hush falling over them. My comrades staring at me in awe.

"What is all this commotion about?" A voice echoes. My father's tent opens and he gasps.

He rushes over to me. "What happened?" He demands, "We can't have you getting hurt."

"It's just a little scratch." I spit, pulling away from him but stumbling back into his arms.

My ears start ringing, kind of like a bee buzzing but it keeps getting louder. I start to slouch in my father's arms.

"Get a medic and kill them all except one." He barks.

I look up at my father's figure, my eyes not focusing, just a silhouette of the man holding me. Then everything slowly fades to black.

🥀 A/N 🥀
This chapter was kind of short but that's just because it was the first chapter and it's the exposition. The next chapters will be longer, I promise. If you enjoyed it, don't forget to vote and comment. Thanks!