Chapter 15

I rustle and shift for a few hours. I look over at Rowan. He's awake. And he's watching me intently.

I say. "Can we go to the training field just by ourselves. I need something to do."

"Can't sleep?" He teases.

"No." I answer.

"Sure." He says studying me. "Let's go."

We walk to the training fields and I take my sword and Rowan follows my lead and grabs his.

I face him and we tap swords. I start to advance on him. He blocks my jabs and slashes because he now knows my strategies.

I scream with frustration but also joy with every sword clash. I love sword fighting. I just need to get everything off of my mind.

"Hold on." He says. I stand there waiting. Rowan takes off his shirt, his abs drenched with sweat. He runs a hand through his sweaty hair and pulls it back on top of his head.

He taps my sword and we continue fighting.

Eventually, he knocks the sword out of my hand and pushes me back until I stumble and fall. He kneels on top of me, a leg on either side of my body. I barely feel his weight on top of me. My side barely hurts. It must be getting better.

"Surrender?" He teases.

"Never."

He leans down and kisses me. "How 'bout now?"

"Now I want to surrender less." I tease.

He leans back down and this time I kiss him. He lays down in an effort to get closer to me.

I don't feel his weight on me. Almost like he doesn't want to hurt me. We kiss, only breaking apart in gasps for air.

I playfully shove him over and roll on top of him. He lays a hand on my back as I kiss him.

"Surrender now?" I tease mockingly as he chuckles. A low rumble that sends butterflies up my stomach.

He leans up and kisses me and we immediately crash our lips back together.

"Never." He breathes.

He rolls back on top of me and stands up while he picks me up. I kiss him while he carries me back to the room. I open the door for him and he closes it behind us.

He sets me on the bed, our lips still connected. I reach for his shirt and pull it off. I reach for the base of mine.

"You sure?" He asks out of breath.

I nod and take my shirt off we go back to kissing. I reach for his pants. He looks at me. I nod.

We go back to kissing and repeat the same process a few more times. He lays me down on the bed and lays on top of me.

He separates our lips. "Are you sure?" He asks.

I nod. "Because I'm not sure if I'll be able to stop if we start." He says.

I nod again. "I don't want anything more than this." I breathe, out of breath.

He looks at me. Studying me. I try to go back in for a kiss, but he gently pushes me back. I see regret in his eyes and wanting, but also a hint of sadness.

🥀 A/N 🥀
Are you happy that Rose and Rowan are together? Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed this chapter. I tried not to go too much into details. Stay amazing!