Chapter 9

I slowly wake and blink away the sleep in my eyes. I look up at Rowan's face and he's just looking at me with love in his eyes.

He leans down and kisses me. "Good morning, Rose."

"Morning, Rowan." I say blushing.

We sit up and I watch Rowan get ready for his mission. Once he's done he comes over to me.

"Please be careful." I plead.

"I will, I promise." He agrees.

"What's your mission about anyways." I ask.

"Some bandits." He says simply. "No big deal."

"Well, be careful anyways." I say.

He kisses me. "I will."

"I love you, Rowan" I say as he walks towards the door.

"I love you too." He says just before he leaves.

After about 5 minutes, I put on some dark clothes and pull my hair down. I start running to the camp.

Not stopping to rest until I get there, not risking my father's wrath. I reach the camp and catch my breath as I walk into my father's tent.

"Father?" I call.

"Where have you been?" He demands from behind me.

I spin around, just in time to be punched in the nose.

"I came as soon as I could." I say.

"Well, we are about to be attacked, as we've intercepted. No help from you." He says punching me again. I stumble back, pain flaring up my side.

"Now get out there and get ready to fight!" He shouts.

I quickly dart past him before he can hit me again.

I take station just outside the entrance and get my sword out.

A few minutes later a group of eagles of 40 or so approach and start attacking us. I cut down a few of them and then make eye contact with an eagle across the field.

He fights his way over towards me as I cut down any eagles that try to hurt me but no more than that.

"Rose?" He asks.

"Rowan? I-I can explain-" I start.

"No. Rose, it's over. We're over." He says and turns his back on me and starts to walk away. I feel the tears down my face and turn to run away.

"Rose!" My father shouts and then all of a sudden he is right next to me. He hits me and I stumble back, falling down. I spring right back up, clutching my side with one of my hands. Loosely holding my sword at my side, I turn to face him.

My chest feels empty. My tears freely flow down my face.

"Father?" I ask, trying my best to not show fear.

"If you run away. I swear, I will kill you myself. Why did I chose to take you from your parents? I should have kidnapped some other, less useless kid." He spits and hits me again.

"I don't care what you say dad." I say. "I hate you!" I scream. "I wish you never took my from my parents. I wish you were dead."

He punches me into a boulder. "Oh you're going to regret that." He shouts at me. "If any of my bandits find you. I'll tell them to bring you to me so I can murder you slowly." He shouts, hitting me a few more times and then impaling my shoulder with a dagger.

Blood slowly flows out of my shoulder, and I feel my stitches stretch as I straighten and turn around.

I run away with tears streaming down my face. I hear some bandits with guns chasing me and I eventually find an abandoned building and hide in it.

I wait until nightfall to fall asleep. Crying the whole time. Someone breaks open the house and rushes in. I hold my breath and let the tears silently stream down my face.

The people who bursted in come to where I am hiding and forcefully grab me and tie me up.

"What are you doing?" I demand.

"You'll see." One of them says. They then gag and blindfold me.

Tears still stream down my face and I hope that they are going to put me out of my misery, but they will probably put me in more.

🥀 A/N 🥀
A lot happened in this chapter. I feel super bad about all these feels, but they'll just get worse. If you enjoyed this chapter, remember to comment and vote. Thanks! Love you all!