Chapter 4

We sit around for a few hours, Tyler getting on my nerves, me sharpening my knife and threatening to throw it at him. There was still an hour or two until dinner.

I look up at Tyler, he has a smirk on his face as he looks up at me.

"What?" I asked hesitantly.

"I just thought of something." He says creepily.

"Do I even want to know?" I ask.

"Want to play a game." He asks, avoiding my question.

"Depends." I say.

"Come here." He commands. I do as he says. If we have to share a room, we might as well get along. I think my father put me with Tyler just so he could get on my nerves.

"Close your eyes." I do what he says. He punches me straight in the jaw. I fall back and smack my head on the wall, my vision blurs for a second.

I rub my head as a blurry silhouette of Tyler pops into my vision.

"What was that for?" I ask.

He has a creepy grin on his face. "We're going to have some fun before dinner."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion then slowly realize what he means and my eyes widen.

He reaches for my hands just as I'm about to hit him. He grabs me so I can't move, the most I can do is open my mouth to scream. So that's exactly what I do.

He covers my mouth so I can't make a sound. A tear streaks out of my eye and rolls down me cheek. He wipes it away. "Don't cry. But we are going to have to do something to get you to be quiet."

I struggle, flailing my arms, as best as I can. Stopping only as my stomach flares up with pain. I narrow my eyes at him.

He reaches for his belt and I try to struggle some more. He punches me until I'm barely conscious.

All I can do is groan. "HE—" I try to say before his fist collided with my nose. Turning my head toward the door. I fight to stay awake. He pushes up my shirt to feel my chest.

My vision blurs as I hear the jingling of his belt being removed. I feel a sharp pain over my recent wound. I turn to see him lashing me with his belt. I shriek.

He strokes my face and makes me kiss him, turning my head forcefully to do it. I gag when he pulls away but he doesn't notice, he's having too much fun.

He starts to pull my pants down but decides to do his first, after he already has a hand in my pants.

I start to cry. He grabs ahold of my throat and squeezes it. "Don't cry." He demands.

He keeps squeezing, tighter and tighter. His hand is suddenly not around my throat anymore and I gasp.

I try to blink away the unconsciousness and look upwards to see the eagle hovering over me.

His lips move but I can't hear anything. All I can hear is a ringing in my ear. It sounds like a bee buzzing too close to my ear.

He shakes my shoulders, my head lolling to the side. My ears pop and I can hear everything. From Tyler groaning to—

"Are you okay?" I try to nod but I can't move so I just open my mouth but I can't get any full words to come out.

I see Tyler stand up in the background and come up behind the eagle.

"Look ou—" I manage to get out before Tyler hits him in the back of the head.

He turns around and starts fighting with Tyler. A punch from Tyler. A block from the eagle.

"...help..." I mumble as I manage to speak.

The eagle glances over at me and then lunges at Tyler, hitting him with an onslaught of punches.

The eagle rushes over to my side. "Do you know why he was doing this to you?" He asks.

I slowly lift up my shirt. He pulls it back down before I have a chance to show him anything. "You're alright." He says, helping me sit up.

"he's.... a..." I hear a dagger unsheathe and I look over to see Tyler holding a dagger to my head. His grin is maniacal.

"Don't you dare finish that sentence, sweetie." He spits. He nudged the dagger over so that it is close enough to my forehead to draw blood.

I muster up enough strength to sit up. Adrenaline fueling me, it's like I'm no longer hurt or tired. I narrow my eyes at Tyler. I can feel the eagle staring at me.

In one fluid movement I wrap a hand around his wrist and use the other to wrench the dagger out of his hand before he can react. I throw it at just the right angle to pin his shirt to the wall.

The eagle rushes me to his room. I stumbled the whole way but he just kept pushing me forwards. He lays me down on his bed for the second time and leaves the room.

A few minutes later he comes back and I can barely keep my eyes open.

"...he's..." The eagle leans in. "...bandit..." I croak and with that fall into unconsciousness.

🥀 A/N 🥀
I hope you enjoyed that chapter it was a little risky and a little short but if you liked it please comment and vote. Thanks!