Chapter 24

I pull out of Rowan's arms to see him looking into my eyes. He looks upwards and I put my clothes back on and hand his back to him. He puts his clothes on.

"I'm so sorry. I knew everything I was doing. I was watching everything, but I couldn't stop myself." I apologize crying.

He hugs me and my tears slow. I wipe at my eyes. "Well, the good news is you're a sorcerer." He jokes.

I laugh. "What kind?"

"All of them." He states.

"What?" I ask.

Another bang sounds and I look upwards.

"We have to go." I say. For some reason, I pick up the enchanted sword and run upstairs with it, Rowan right behind me.

We reach upstairs and I make eye contact with my father. He nods at me. The last bang sounds as the door is flung open. People come rushing in.

Rowan turns and runs to find a weapon. I pick up the sword and it starts to glow. I run at some of the men. They're all wearing black cloaks.

A man pokes his hands out of his long sleeves. They're extremely scarred. He holds them up and lines draw along his palms. I see his lips move in some sort of a chant and the ground bursts open.

A horde of skeletons and zombies pour through the opening and rush at the soldiers. I slash through them, their bones separating.

I rush at a man and I am thrown upwards. I hang in the air and watch while he cuts down a soldier. He turns to face me and sprays fire at me. I somehow deflect it with the sword.

He levitates the sword and it is thrown at a wall. It clatters to the ground. The black magician holds out a hand and my bones crack and bend. I scream. He fixes them and I gasp.

I look around, soldiers are getting cut down all over. My father stands defiant, cutting down the undead. Rowan is moving the ground to help soldiers in need of protection.

A sorcerer flanks Rowan and raises his hands. I scream and turn back to face the magician holding me.

The wind blows and I break through the magician's spell. I land on the ground and break my wrist, I quickly jump up and face the sorcerer, not even noticing the pain.

I narrow my eyes at him and then back down, only to turn and run towards Rowan. As the sorcerer is about to stab him I reach for Rowan. His eyes widen and he slowly turns.

"NO!" I shout a golden light flows out of my outstretched hands and destroys the man, turning him to ash.

I nod at Rowan and look around the battlefield. My father lies on the ground with a sorcerer standing over him. I scream as I run, but I don't make it.

The sword impales my father. Right through the heart. I run over to him and quickly kill the sorcerer.

I kneel next to my father and looking into his eyes. They fade in color and I cry out. Rowan pulls at me.

"It's dangerous. We have to move." He shouts, barely heard above my screams. He pulls me away from my father, I feel hollow.

I turn towards the battle. I scream in anger at the sorcerers. A golden light fills the room and I walk towards them. Many magicians lay on the floor, curled in pain. They begin to stand up.

I narrow my eyes, filled with defiance. I raise my hands and fire burns through their ranks. My fire is doused and I am shot with an arrow. Right through my shoulder.

I stagger back, but continue walking forward. I look back and all the wounded soldiers are standing once again.

The sorcerers begin using spells on me. I am forced to the ground. I can't move. I struggle against my invisible bonds, both physically and mentally.

Rowan bends down to help me. "Run as far away from here as you can. Stay safe. I will escape and find you. Don't come for me." I command him.

"But—" He starts.

"Rowan." I say, willing him to do it.

"Okay." He says reluctantly and turns to leave.

"Promise me." I say as a magician bends my bones. I cry out in agony.

"I promise." He says defeated.

"I love you." I reply.

"I love you too, Rose. Stay safe." He says and runs off into the ranks of our soldiers.

I watch him run off and see the soldiers watching me be forced down into nothing. A tear falls from my eye.

"Retreat!" I yell to my father's soldiers and they do as I say.

I turn to face the magicians, holding me captive. One breaks my bones and heals them. I scream.

A large man walks out from their ranks. He comes up to me and takes his hood. I gasp. It's Rowan's uncle.

He waves off the sorcerers and I stand up. "You're awfully powerful. What a shame it would be if you died." He comments.

I rush at him and he stops my hand a few inches from his face. I can no longer move.

"Bow down." He commands.

"Absolutely not." I say, my words dripping with venom.

He forces me downwards, I resist his power. His arm shakes along with my whole body. He releases his grip. "You'll bow down in time." He remarks.

He snaps his fingers and chains appear around my wrists. I struggle. I try to use my magic. I can't.

"Oh yeah, no magic allowed." He says. A glint in the corner of his eye catches his attention. He picks up my sword and it glows bright red. He looks at the hilt of it. He looks up at me.

"Well, Rose. You made a mistake." He comments, looking down at my wrist. I look down at it. The word on it glows the same shade of red, making it readable.

Samael. The kings name.

🥀 A/N 🥀
Oh no! What do you think will happen to Rose? It can't be good. If you enjoyed this chapter, don't forget to comment and vote : ) Stay you!