Chapter 25

I am shoved into some cage. Like an animal. The carriage starts to move and I lay down to pretend I'm asleep. The door opens and I am flung against the wall of the cage.

I look up, it's Samael. He closes the door behind him.

"You know, I was going to wait until after we got to the castle to torture you. But why wait?" He says, walking over to me.

My bones crack and break to unnatural angles. I fall down to the ground and face away from him. I let out a scream. He heals my bones. I make eye contact with Rowan poking his head out from behind a tree.

I shake my head slightly and mouth the words: 'You Promised.' He turns and heads the other way, sadness etched across his face.

"That's interesting, you've got something to live for. Or is it someone?" He asks, forcing me to look at him. He kneels down and places his hand on my temple.

A light flashes and I see Samael looking at what looks to be his brother. His brother and him hug, and pull away from each other. His brother smiles and an arrow is shot through his chest.

I am back in the cage. Fear crosses the king's face. Shock replaces it. And then nothing. He masks his emotions from me. I study him. He backs away from me against the cage wall.

"How is that possible?" He mutters, mostly to himself. "I should have been able to see in your mind, not the other way around." His eyes look panicked.

He leaves the cage and slams the door behind him.

———

We make it back to the kingdom and I am escorted into a different cage in the throne room. Of course.

Samael walks in and studies me.

"Seems I was right about you being a girl. You know what else I proved along with that?" He asks.

I don't answer.

He reaches his hand out in rage and I crumple to the ground, I cry out in pain as it feels like venom flows through my veins. He stops.

"You shall speak to me. I can control you anyways."

I refuse to look at him. He forces the venom through my veins and slowly breaks each bone, individually. He stops and I gasp on the ground, trying to catch my breath.

He opens the cage door and walks in. He steps on my chest.

"You know what I learned?" He asks.

He slowly puts pressure on my chest. I hear my ribs snap and soon enough it hurts to breathe.

"What?" I say, barley audible.

"Glad you asked!" He says, letting go of me and healing my ribs.

"Well, you see. The fact that my dear old Nephew cares for you enough to come and confront me. That's some information that will prove useful." He says.

"Don't hurt him." I growl slowly standing up to look at Samael.

"Oh, I'm sorry. It will hurt you too." He says, smiling.

I charge at him and his magic stops me for a second, then I break through his barrier. I punch him in the face and shove him against a wall.

My hand pinning his shoulder to the wall starts to tingle. I am watching his brother get killed again. Rowan's dad. A figure comes out of the shadows and Samael gives them a thumbs up.

He set up the killings. I am transported back to the castle. I punch him repeatedly.

"You killed Rowan's parents." I growl. He shoves me away and contains me with his magic. He walks over to his throne and grabs the sword on it. It starts to glow red.

He walks over to me. I brace myself for him to stab me, but he just closes his eyes and starts to softly chant.

He opens his eyes again and they are blood red. Thick black smoke runs out of his hands and over to me. I breathe it in, not being able to resist.

The magic of my restraints is removed and I am left standing there. Looking at Samael. I charge at him. Nothing happens. I can't move.

"Now, bow down my minion." He says.

I slowly bow down, except it's not me. I would never. Somethings controlling me. I scream internally. I rise and see Samael grinning at me.

"Now, shall we go find my nephew?" He asks.

🥀 A/N 🥀
I'm sorry this chapter was a little short, but it's still pretty intense. If you enjoyed this chapter, don't forget to comment and vote : ) Stay perfect!