viii - brendon

i get looks from people in the hallways because of my face and the brace on my hand. i see the guys that jumped me everyday, but i don't say anything. there's no need to, and i know their threat was empty.

   i started to remember everything about two days after it all happened. i remember going outside after work to have a smoke, and the casey twins with one of their friends yelling at me, and before i knew it, they had be on the ground and were kicking the shit out of me. i couldn't stop it.

   i remember the pain that shot through my entire arm when one of them stepped on my hand with all of their weight. i'll never forget it.

   as i'm walking down the main hallway toward my locker, i'm stopped by a hand on my wrist. gianna.

   "how's my boy today?" she asks in that cute singsong voice of hers. we stop once we get to my locker and i lift up my arm with brace on it.

   "could be better." she frowns and leans against the locker next to mine, watching me put my books away.

   "can i come over tonight?" gianna asks, and i wonder why. we normally go to her place. i shrug.

   "yeah, sure. i don't think cece will have a problem with it. any particular reason?" she huffs in frustration and i widen my eyes a little, making a sarcastic comment.

   "didn't mean to poke the bear."

   gianna looks at me with eyes that i can't quite read. i shut my locker, slinging my backpack over my shoulders.

   "what's wrong?" i ask, putting sympathy into my tone. she pulls me in for a hug and i put my arms around her waist.

   "my parents, that's all."

   "you're still mad at them?"

   "very, bren." she declares, leaving the hug before i do. i shove my hand into my pocket, wishing that my other one wasn't broken. i don't think i deserved it. i wasn't harming anyone. well.....it depends who you ask.