ix - gianna

"when is cece coming home?" i ask, breathless, while my boyfriend's lips are on mine, and i'm eager to slip my hands under his t-shirt.

   "why?" he asks. i immediately pull away, my legs straddling his hips, and i look down at him with my head cocked to the side.

   "really?" i reply, partially sarcastic. he's silent for a moment, but then he raises up his arm with the black, velcro brace on it. we both look at it as i adjust myself on top of him.

   "i didn't think you'd want to since...you know..." i don't say anything, just give him a blank look.

   "and my nose, and just....my face in general."

   "you know i don't care about any of that. would i be here right now if i did?"

   "no."

   "exactly." i lean down, kissing him on the mouth, before i lean over to grab a shiny package out of the bedside table.

   "fuck....she's home." brendon interrupts our kiss, his eyes wide, thirty minutes later.

   "so?" i shrug, continuing to kiss him wherever i can. he groans when my lips hit his chest, and i smile seductively against his skin, looking up at him with just my eyes.

   "we have to get our clothes back on, come on g." i move my mouth up his neck to reach his mouth, but he isn't kissing me back. groaning in frustration, i push myself off him and out of the bed, tugging my clothes on.

   brendon watches me, swinging his legs over the side of the bed. he pulls his boxers and jeans on, keeping his shirt off as he gets up and checks his face in the mirror. i go over and wrap my arms around his waist from behind, resting my chin in the crook of his neck and shoulder. i look at him in the mirror.

  "you're so handsome, you know. i think you're perfect."

   "that means a lot, g..." after he says that, he sucks in a deep breath, and his facial expression changed completely. it's almost...lost. that's the best way for me to describe it.

   "look, i've got something to tell you and cece. let's go upstairs." brendon grabs my hand, linking our fingers, and leads me up the stairs.