x - brendon

"what's up, b?" cece asks as the three of us sit in the living room. i sit next to gianna on the loveseat and my aunt sits in the chair adjacent to us.

"i...know who jumped me. and why they did it." i suck in a deep breath, and i feel my girlfriend's hand immediately land on my knee. her fingers squeeze it. cece's eyes furrow together in confusion.

"they're the casey twins. and they had a friend with them."

"how do you know that?"

"i'm...this is hard...i'm a hacker."

"a hacker?!" cece sits up in alert, and i feel gianna tense up next to me.

"i've been...finding information about people and using it to blackmail them. for money." everything and everyone in the room is silent. you could hear a pin drop. i look beside me to see my girlfriend's mouth gaped open, and she's staring at me. cece looks like she could scream.

"why would you do that?" cece asks.

"w-we needed the money." i whisper, feeling tears strain my words. i'm starting to get frustrated and angry at myself, and i tend to cry when i'm frustrated. i see tears prick at my aunt's eyes and she blinks them away. she tilts her head to the side.

"money? you're worried about the money?" i nod.

"how many people?" i don't answer, and cece gets up in anger.

"how many people did you blackmail brendon?!" i hear her stomp her foot on the ground and tears roll down her cheeks. i can't look her in the eyes.

"i lost count." i whisper.

"i don't even know where to begin." she mumbles something i can't understand. finally, she looks at gianna.

"can you go, honey? you didnt do anything-"

"nope, i get it," gianna says, taking her hand off of my leg and she turns toward me.

"i didn't think you'd ever do anything like this, b. i really didn't." she shakes her head. i've disappointed the most important people in my life, and it breaks my heart.

"i'm sorry."