• f i f t y • s i x •

Millie's POV:

Tonight's the night.

The wrap up party.

I was at home tonight, because I was expecting the company of a very special girl, one who I promised could see the new house.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention... My mom moved out from my old house, so now my family (minus my dad and me) lives here. It's bigger, more charming and sleek, but most importantly, only a few blocks down from Finn's.

I might even consider moving back home, to give Finn's family a bit of break, but also to spend more time with Ava, Paige and Charlie. Even if my mom is living here.

I rolled my eyes at that last part.

"Guess who?!?" a familiar female voice echoed throughout the main floor of my house. I dropped my book, All the Bright Places, onto the couch beside me, and bolted to the front door.

I love that book, but I love this girl more.

"LILIA!" I screamed in the blonde's face.

"MILLIE!" she screamed back, and we embraced in a tight hug.

"I missed you so much!" I confessed, backing away from the hug.

"Same!" Lilia matched my tone.

"Oh calm down, it's only been like a month," Charlie spat with a smirk as he began to ascend the spiral staircase.

"I love the new house!" Lilia admired, looking about the open entryway in awe.

"Me too," I replied, following her gaze back to my eyes.

"We have some things to catch up on," she said a little more seriously, and I nodded.

"Okay. Let's go to my room, I can take your bag," I offered.

"Okay! Thanks Millie!" she said, then bolted up the stairs excitedly. I picked up her small suitcase, which wasn't heavy due to her light packing skills, which I'm still jealous of. I made it to the top of the stairs, where I found Lilia looking lost in the middle of the hallway.

"This way," I sighed dramatically, leading her to my room.

"Woah!" she exclaimed, not deciding where to start.

My new room had a larger walk in closet, more room for all the clothes I wore to various events and received from numerous campaigns.

My bed was my same old bed, which I loved. I had a gray/white/blue theme going on now. I had a blue couch in the corner, and my gold full-length mirror on one wall. I had my makeup vanity set up on another wall, and an en-suite bathroom.

"YOU HAVE A WHOLE DENIM SECTION!?" Lilia hollered from my closet, and I went over to join her.

"Yeah, it's from Calvin Klein," I said, appearing in the doorway.

"Oh...Why so many though?" she asked, turning to face me.

"It's like a product testing thing," I explained, "Since I have a contract with them, they send me clothes that haven't been put on sale yet, and I try wearing the pieces in my everyday life."

"So like you report back when things don't work?" Lilia asked, and I nodded, smiling as I recalled this one instance.

"Oh yeah, there was this one time when they gave me these jeans, but some of the panels had been removed, and then my leg got stuck," I chuckled.

"Oh my God were you okay?" Lilia questioned, suddenly concerned.

"I was fine after," I reassured, a wave of relief washing over her face, "Paige will never let me live it down though."