• f o r t y • e i g h t •

Millie:

"Huh?" I woke up in Finn's arms, all snuggled up in our sweatpants in his bed.

Ding dong!

"Huh?" Finn mirrored, the sound waking him up as well, and his grip around my waist tightened abruptly.

"Ow!" I let out a yelp, and he released the tension quickly.

"Sorry! It scared me," Finn apologized, sounding sad.

"It's okay," I replied, crawling out of bed.

"I wonder who it is," Finn said, climbing out from the covers to join me standing at the foot of his bed.

"I'll go check," I offered, but he shook his head 'no' firmly.

"No, I'll go check, you stay here" he said with a small smile, " It's my house after all."

"It's fine, I can go," I pressed, not wanting to rely on Finn to be even nicer to me.

"Mills, really. I'd rather you stay up here incase it's some psychopath man that tries to take you away," Finn explained very seriously.

I snorted in laughter.

"What!?" he exclaimed, sounding angry and annoyed.

"You're insane! You think I can't defend myself?" I asked, bringing my fists up into the classic boxing pose.

"I think you can, it's not that, it's just..." he trailed off, reaching his hands over to mine to relax my arms back down to my sides.

"Just what?" I pressed further.

"Can't a guy just do something nice for his girlfriend?" Finn questioned with a sigh, and walked out of the bedroom.

God, I'm lucky.

I heard the front door open downstairs, and then an exchange of dialogue that I couldn't make out except for a quick 'thank you' at the end.

"MILLIE YOUR CLOTHES ARE HERE!" he called up the stairs, and my eyes widened in excitement.

"FINALLY!" I screamed shrilly, sprinting out of the bedroom and bolting down the stairs. There in front of Finn was a small cardboard box labelled: Millie/Clothes

"Where's the rest of it?" I asked, my eyes scanning the rest of the entryway for boxes.

"What do you mean? This is it," Finn explained.

"That's it? Who brought it?" I questioned.

"Some guy in a dark red suit. He said he was your new agent or something? He looked like he wanted nothing to do with you though," Finn replied.

"Well, let's open it up," I sighed disappointedly. I walked over and ripped the box open, seeing familiar folded shirts and simple jeans. Nothing looked like it would fix though, it was all so small.

Old clothes.

My parents would never understand that I'm not their little princess anymore. Pretty much after I shaved my head for the role of Eleven, my mom started to turn on me. Said things like I wasn't pretty, and that this was all a mistake.

Said I didn't deserve to even have the role in the first place.

There was a silence where I stared into the box containing my old dull fashion sense.

"Maybe we could go buy you new clothes," Finn said quietly, and I darted my eyes up at him.

"Really?" I asked softly, and he nodded with a smile.