Rogue

"This is harder than I thought."

"It's a learning process Hanz. Let's just try to enjoy ourselves while we're here."

"Can we preferably do something inside?"

McCree looked at him in remorse.

"Of course Hanz."

That afternoon they watched a movie and both fell asleep on eachother. McCree was woken up by a strange dream. He was careful not to wake Hanzo as he stood from the couch. It was still dark out. A holo clock on the wall read 1:34. McCree looked out the open windows to see the moon gliding across the rolling water. He opened the sliding door and sat out on the patio. He felt the ridges in the wood of the chair as he looked out into the distance. Minutes later he heard the door open behind him and a familiar soft voice.

"Jesse?"

Hanzo was standing in the door way with a blanket around him and a curious expression on his face. McCree was quick to turn.

"Sorry Hanz, did I wake you?"

"Not at all. What are you doing up?"

"Just...thinkin. I had a strange dream."

"I'm going up to the bedroom. You should come back to bed too."

McCree wiped his face.

"Yeah, I'll be up in a minute."

Hanzo shut the door. Jesse had a worried expression on. He rested his chin in his hand in thought before going back inside.

----------

Jesse woke to the smell of eggs and soup. He got out of bed and went to the kitchen to see Hanzo with his hands in a bowl of rice. He looked up and smiled.

"Morning. I thought I'd make some breakfast."

Jesse rubbed his head. He had a small migraine. Hanzo set a small steaming mug on the counter.

"Here, drink this."

McCree grabbed the mug curiously.

"What is it?"

"Green tea. It is very calming and soothing."

McCree took a sip of the tea. It burned a bit but not too much.

"That's interesting."

Hanzo smirked.

"What are you makin?"

"A traditional Japanese breakfast. Miso soup, eggs, white rice. Have you ever had dried seaweed?"

McCree looked at him concerned.

"Seaweed? No."

"It is delicious, but bad for your teeth. Make sure you brush after."

McCree chuckled a bit and sat at the counter.

"This all sound great Hanz, but don't you kinda have soup and rice for dinner?"

"Yes, but breakfast isn't supposed to be very filling. Though I do remember going out to eat most of the time. I wouldn't eat this on a regular basis. Just thought I'd make something...special."

"That's very kind darlin."

Hanzo turned.

"Can we talk about last night?"

"Last night?"

"Yes, you seemed worried or stressed about something. So much that it woke you."

"It was nothing Hanz. Just a bad dream."