81. What is a Firstborn?

This is the second-to-last chapter. Here, we will do the final stage.

Chapter 81: What is a Firstborn?

DNK Moonbase

A poster of Nerehc was placed on a stand in front of his office, surrounded by bouquets of dandelions. Cheren and Sipa stood before the poster with bowed heads. It should have been a time of remorse and grieving for the lost DNK leader. ...But in the Negaverse, birthday parties were treated as funerals and funerals like birthdays, so the DNK was trying to work it both ways. Tropical island music was playing as operatives were cooking barbeque and crunching chips. Everyone was upset, truly, but Nerehc would still want them to be happy, right?

"I can't believe we trusted that witch." Sipa stated. "Was it really vital that we bring Ganondorf back? Was there really no other way? I still don't understand why YOU'RE alive and he isn't!"

"I don't want to accept it either, Sipa." Cheren replied. "I really want to believe Nerehc is still alive somehow. But at the same time... I don't know what to believe, anymore. I'm a human child that has the powers of a god, there's more than Eight Firstborn... and why was Truman with the Thirteen Darknesses?"

"You saw Truman?!"

Cheren whipped around. The question came from the familiar voice of Harry Uno. "Termina Sector V! How did you get here?!"

"It started when Truman started acting all crazy." Melissa explained. "He destroyed the portal in Father's mansion just as he used it to cross to your world. We were going to ask our Negatives if anything happened to their Truman, and... luckily, they were at the mirror in Harry's room just in time to meet us, too. Basically, we used a Dimension Transporter in some jungle."

"Perhaps we can explain the rest of the story." another voice said.

"Oh, guess who!" Celeste jumped with a start. "Hey, Negative Sector V, this is our pal, Cheren." The five stepped aside to reveal their Negatives, including Truman's.

"Namurt here just decided to run off and come to THIS dimension!" Assilem Nagillig smacked him aggressively. "Wanna tell 'em what that was all about?!"

"So help me, Assilem, I...!" Namurt raised a fist, which shone a gold light. "No no no, patience, patience..." He faced Cheren. "Ahem: the short story is, I am a priest in training at the Church of Acirema. I can sense when very dark forces are afoot, and have recently felt a darkness radiating from my Positive. I quickly fled to this dimension to find him... but for the most time, I had difficulty acquiring anyone's help since I'm sort of a stranger."

"Well, I think I found Truman." Cheren explained. "He's with the Thirteen Darknesses. They called him Zorc; said he was from Ancient Egypt."

"Do you know where he is now?" Melissa asked. "Because we aren't going back home without him."

"I have sort of an idea... but I don't think he'll be able to come home anytime soon. It looks like he's a part of the prophecy."

"Can you take us to him, anyway? So we can see if he's still... Truman?"

"I guess I can... But I wanna stay for this funeral first."

"Hold on, how come Nerehc's dead but you're still alive?!" Celeste questioned.

"I'm going to get tired of explaining this." Cheren smacked his forehead.

Facilier's Voodoo Emporium

"Maaaan, does it feel good to be in the old emporium again!" Dr. Facilier kicked back in his chair with his feet on the table. With the World Government defeated, Wendy was no longer a wanted criminal, and the doctor could move back into his alleyway shop in Cleveland. Wendy had invited Chelia here to tell her friend about her most recent adventures. What really caught her off guard was-