Chapter Twenty-One: The Assault

The school year is about over. We've already finished testing a few days ago. Now, were just here to...I guess they call it 'starting early for next year'. I call it 'screwing off just because'. Jack and I don't really care about learning early. We just want to go home, but today I have to stay after school for a few hours. The librarian asked me to help her sort out the books. Why? I have no idea. I said that I would do it because I'm that nice. But whatever.

Emma has come over last month, but she left a little early because her parents cancelled the buisness trip due to bad weather. If only my parents had done that. I wonder what they'd be doing right now. I wonder what they would've done at Christmas. Mother would scowl at me for using my powers in front of everyone, and father would not approve of Jack. Would mother approve of him? Or would she just say, "as long as you love him, I'm fine with it." I smile at the thought of my buisness. And Jack. I do love him. I really do. I wonder if we could get married and start families. What would I name the girls? Or the boys? Would they receive powers from Jack and me? Would they throw tantrums throughout the house? Or would they blow it up? Who knows.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

It's almost dark now, and I'm tired as all get out. I almost fell asleep putting the books away, but the librarian was watching me, so I didn't. Since when have I become this careless? It must be Jack. This is how much he has changed me. Ugh. He's made me lazy!

When I get finished, I bid goodnight to the librarian, and go outside. I told Jack to pick me up around eight, and it's seven-thirty. Well, I guess I'll just wait out here for thirty minutes. What else can I do?

I sit down on a hill, and close my eyes. Suddenly, I hear a twig snap behind me. My eyes jolt open and I whip my head around behind me, but I see nothing. Just the forest and it's content. It must've been an animal. I turn back around, and close my eyes against. Then, a twig snaps again, but I can't turn around to see what it was. A cloth was wrapped around my mouth, and another on my eyes. I felt something hard beat into my side. I tried screaming, but I couldn't. The cloth concealed me. The sharp pain kept on hitting me, until I could scream anymore. I was about to pass out. A rope was tied around my hands, which were tied behind my back, and dragged into the forest. The cold ground and leaves were getting stuck in my hair, and caught in my clothes. The pain in my ribs is killing me. They could be broken. I moan, and I hear a sharp "shut up!". I gasp. I recognize that horrible voice. It's that stupid girl from school! The one that tried to impersonate me to steal Jack!

They stopped dragging me, and they threw me down. I tried to scream again with all my might, but it was just a squeal due to the cloth.

"Stop screaming you stupid bitch! I should be the one screaming, because you took him! Now you're paying for it!" the voice sneers. I close my eyes, and wait for the pain to start again, but it doesn't. Instead, I hear the most scary voice in this situation. Then a moan, a laugh, and something thud. The moaning is saying my name. A tear falls down, and I feel the cloth ripped off my eyes. I scream and shriek and scream again, no matter how painful. On the ground is a beautiful person, lying on the floor, stabbed with a knife. It's the one person who has helped me. The one who is my only friend. It's Jack. And by the looks of it, he's almost dead. Then, the assaulter girl walks up to me with a knife. She raised it, about to penetrate it into my heart. I close my eyes once again for the pain to take over me and kill me, but it never does. I hear a few screams, and I open my eyes again. In front of me is a dragon stepping on the girls. There is a rider on top of it. When the girls are unconscious, the rider gets off, and runs to me. He takes the knife from the assaulter, and cuts the rope from my bleeding hands. He takes the mask of and throws it. Then, he takes the cloth off of my mouth. It's Hiccup.

"Are you okay?" he asks. I manage to cough out, "get Jack..." and I point to him. I try to move, but I can't. The image of Jack dead on the floor is killing me. Hiccup looks around, then says, "oh my God." He runs to Jack.

"We have to get him to Rapunzel. Right now."

"What? Why?" I ask. He looks at me as if saying, 'shut up and just do it.' I nod, and try to help a very very pale Jack onto Toothless. When we do, Hiccup places me up there, and we ride off.

When we reach Rapunzel's house, I see tears in her eyes. She immediately starts to...shove her hair onto Jack's wound? What the hell Rapunzel!

"What're you-"

"Flower gleam and glow. Let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt. Change the fate's design. Save what has been lost, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine," she sings. Her hair suddenly glows, and Jack starts breathing heavily. I smile escapes me, including a laugh. Jack looks at me full of happiness, and I immediately run to him. I say his name over and over as I kiss him, but as he touches my side, I shudder.

"She's broken her ribs," he says with a tear in his eye, and Rapunzel walks to me. She wraps her golden hair on my ribs, and starts the song all over again. I feel the pain in my ribs disappear when her hair glows, and my bruises disappear. I feel just fine. I didn't know that she has healing powers. Why didn't she tell me? Well...I didn't show her mine, so we're even I guess. Jack smiles at me, and gets off of Toothless. He walks over to me and hugs me.

"I'm so sorry. If I had been there earlier-" I interrupt him by kissing him.

"Hey, it wasn't your fault. It was that stupid girl. She's jealous, but I think that she's going to get our revenge." I smile, and kiss him. He kisses me back, and our problems are solved.