thirty four

hi loves - make sure to vote for the chapters - i'm updating as much as possible & i would REALLY appreciate it :)

Louis' POV

I sat in the plush red seat of the auditorium, watching the end as the now-familiar characters came on to bow. I waited patiently for Harry to come on the stage in his crazy costume and giving a smiling bow. I quite enjoyed the show, more than I thought I would. I watched as Harry walked out from backstage in the tight white shirt and leather jacket of his character - his hair was straightened and pushed back, completely different than usual.

He walked to the middle of the stage, smiled, and bowed as the audience cheered. Lottie stood up next to me, applauding as loud as humanly possible, pulling me up with her. Harry shot a glance over at us as he looked around the whole stage, giving me a small wave. I hadn't known if it was directed at me or at the entire audience, but I enjoyed it. Shortly after, the whole audience gave a standing ovation, but Lottie thought it would be nice to give Harry his own, which I agreed with.

After the curtain closed for good, and the lights came on, Lottie followed me out to the main lobby, where all of the members of the play would be coming out to greet family and friends. It took nearly 15 minutes until I saw Harry walk out into the lobby - looking a bit stressed, but smiled still. "Hi!" He exclaimed, pulling me into a tight hug. "Did you like it?" He followed with immediately.

"Loved it!" I exclaimed, telling the truth as I let go of him in the hug, keeping one of my arms loosely around his waist as he turned to Lottie.

He put a hand out in front of him. "I'm Harry. Thank you for coming." He shook her hand firmly.

"Jeez, you'd think I was your boss or something." She laughed, referring to the handshake. "I'm Charlotte, Lottie." I laughed in return, Harry just looked nervous.

"Did you like it?" He asked, quietly.

She nodded with a great big smile on her face, making him smile next to me too. "It was awesome! I'm kind of a theater nerd myself, thought it was great!"

"Theater nerd?" I asked. "You've listened to Hamilton once, now you think you're all that - huh?" I joked with her, Harry laughed a bit, not taking his eyes off the ground.

I nudged his side a bit, "Everything alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, just hungry." He mumbled.

"Then why don't we go get dinner! I'll pay." I said, directing it at both Lottie and Harry.

"No, no." Lottie said. "I'm tired, you two have your fun."

"You sure?" I asked her.

She nodded. "He seems like he's done enough tonight, I'll investigate him another time." She joked - I hoped.

Harry laughed a bit this time. "Thank you for coming again." He said.

"Of course, nice meeting you, Harold."

I hugged her, saying my goodnights with her, then turned back to Harry. "Where do you want to eat?" I asked him.

"Can we just go to your house, Lou?" he asked, looking a bit upset.

"Are you sure? What's wrong, love?"

"Just tired, is all. Promise."

I hoped he was telling the truth. "Okay, then. Of course - whatever you want." I smiled, and took his hand in mine, intertwining our fingers.

He smiled down at me as we walked outside. When we opened the door, the cold air hit me hard. Harry looked down at me, I was now shivering as we walked to my car.

"Shit, Lou, why didn't you bring a jacket?" He asked.

"It's no big deal, I swear." I said, fucking freezing.

He began to lift up his blue hoodie, but I tapped his shoulder. "No, no, we'll be to my car in 10 seconds." We said, as we approached it. "See?"

He rolled his eyes smiling. I walked to the passenger side with him, opening up the door, trying to make it as romantic as possible. He just smiled to me - maybe it was the cold air or maybe it was my love for him, but I felt my cheeks turn red.

Holy shit, it was my love for him. I loved him. This of course wasn't the first time I had thought about it, but this time it felt so much different to think about, my head started to pound and my stomach did a turn. I smiled up at him.

I closed the door behind him before he got in. He turned around to me, "What's that about?" He asked, giggling. I looked up at his sparkling green eyes and placed my hands softly on his cheeks. I pulled his face down closer to mine, pulling him into a soft, but deep, kiss. I pushed him back a bit, leaning him up against the car. The kiss was long, and intimate, but soft and delicate. He pulled away after a few seconds. He just smiled down to me and without thinking I whispered the words.

"I love you."