The Dress

Chapter Five

Rydel's POV

She walked down the stairs into the mayhem that was wedding planning.

The floor of their living room was covered in pink everything. Flower arrangements had been set against the wall and wedding favours were piled in a basket at the door.

She smiled at the memories she knew the next day would bring. Then she walked into the kitchen to where her mother was working.

"There's my beautiful little girl" her mom spun around to hug her. Rydel didn't want to let go.

"I'm so proud of you honey" Stormie spoke, "Your dreams are finally coming true."

She pulled away from her mom and wiped at the tears that had formed in her eyes for the twentieth time that day.

"I just can't believe this is happening" Rydel stared around the room. "I mean I'm getting married tomorrow. To Ellington, my best friend"

Her mom rubbed her back. "It's a gift from God"

She would miss that the most; her heartfelt conversations with her mom. Sitting together at untimely hours dealing with each others problems. It wouldn't be the same just talking over the phone.

"Come here" her mother took her hand and led her into the garage, "I want to show you something"

They walked together into the garage where Rydel stopped in her tracks.

"What do you think?" her mother asked her. Rydel was at a loss for words.

There, hanging on the wall in front of her, was the most beautiful gown she had ever seen.

It was like satin; it's sparkly top meeting the white skirt in a beautiful sweep of rhinestones.

Her mouth fell open, and for the twenty-first time that day, she cried.

"Mom it's beautiful" she gasped, still unaware that this was her wedding dress.

"I'm glad you like it honey" her mother responded, "You deserve the world Rydel"

It was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen made from her mother's hands. She couldn't wait to wear it while she married her best friend.

"Thank you mom" she hugged her mother again, crying gently into her neck.

"Anything for you baby girl" Stormie replied.

After the tears had evaporated, Stormie looked into her daughters eyes.

"So how about we get us started on some bridesmaid dresses then?"

Rydel laughed. "I need four"

Stormie grabbed a soft pink fabric from a bin and held it up to her. "Good colour?" she asked.

Rydel nodded. "That's perfect"

Her mother held out her hand for Rydel to take. "Then I guess we have some work to do my dear"

"I guess we do" Rydel smiled, taking her mothers hand.

Together they returned to the kitchen and began their work on the dresses, the final detail before the wedding.

------------------

Again I'm sorry for such a bad chapter, I have a feeling this book will not be as popular as the others because it is set dry compared to past things I've written! But who knows maybe you will like this one the best!!

I am planning on posting two more R5 fanfictions on my Wattpad, one that I have started on my backup Instagram account and another that I just thought of the other day! But I will only post it if people will read it! Would you consider checking them out?

Also, I am continually posting a Cameron Dallas Fanfiction and a Lauren Jauregui and Camila Cabello (from Fifth Harmony) Fanfiction on here as well. Both stories came to me on the form of a dream and I am now writing out the words in my head! Go check them out if you want!

As always, thank you so much for all the love and support for these stories! They mean the world to me!

I love you all!!

~Natalie xxxxx