Chapter 6: Its my fault

Jamie's POV

"I-I didn't know" mumbles Tyler

"I know you didn't but she has a point"

"What that I shouldn't drink because I could kill somebody??"

"Not that you need to fucking mature. The only time you should be going out for drinks is to celebrate not drown your sorrows, that's how her brother got killed" I say as I close the door behind me, I had to find Nicola.

Nicola's POV

I could never forgive the raging drunk who killed my brother. Right now he should playing in the league, he worked so hard to be a top prospect but now he's dead. It's disgusting that people who have this beautiful opportunity to play in this league just throw it out the door.

I continued to walk down the quiet street. Only street lights providing the small glimmer of light. Not a single person was around. I finally came to a bench and plopped myself down. I had my cardigan clinging to my shoulders and I sat there sniffling.

"It's not fair" I cry out to the sky

"Why can't you be here? You deserve to be here, you deserve to be living out your dreams! it's not fair" I sob. After an hour of sitting on the bench it begins to drizzle so I decided to head home. The thick fog begins to roll in and I can barley see the streets. It was pitch black now and as I'm walking I can here footsteps but they are not mine. They seem to get closer and I can now hear my heart beating out of my chest. Suddenly there are hands around my neck and they begin crushing my collar bone.

"Help" I try to scream but suddenly I'm thrown to the ground. I smash my head on the cold concrete floor. The man is mumbling something over and over again but I can not hear or see. Everything is spinning and all I can focus on is the pain. The next thing I knew I saw his foot come crashing down and everything went black.

Jamie's POV

I was out of ideas of where Nicola could've gone. I checked the whole building, the park, the dunkin donuts across the street, but nothing. I was begging to become worried sick. A thick fog had rolled in and it wasn't helping my search. I continue to walk the streets when I herd a scream and a loud thud.

My heart panicked as I ran across the street to where the scream came from. I get closer I can see a man with a bag running the other direction and on the floor lied a limp body. I get closer and I can make out the face, Nicola.

I had no time to think, just react. I quickly run to her body, her head had scrapes. On impulse I grab her body into my arms and begin to run to the hospital that's a few blocks away. .

"Hmf" she mumbles

"Shhhh Nic, it's gonna be okay" I say as I run faster. I finally reach the hospital and run into the emergency room. Within minutes she taken away on a bed and wheeled down the hall. I sit there in the waiting room lifeless. I don't know what I'll do with myself if she isn't okay.

"Jamie Benn?" calls a nurse as she reads the paper on her clip bored.

"That's me"

"Okay and your with Nicola?"

"Yea, is she okay?"

"Mr.Benn I can assure you she is going to be okay but right now she's in a coma. Were expecting 3 days till she awakes, a week being the latest"

"Anything else"

"I'm not finished, she smashed her head pretty hard. The impact probably caused memory loss"

"Memory loss?!" I begin to panic

"It's not much of a worry, we do expect it to come back but just over time"

"When can I see her?"

"When were done running a few more tests"

The first thing I think of doing is calling Tyler but than I remember he's out getting drunk somewhere but I decided to shoot him a text anyway. I sit in the waiting for what seems like hours. When I look up I see Tyler walking in. At first I think my tired eyes are playing tricks on me.

"Is she okay? Hello? Jamie" Tyler says and it's shakes me from my half slumber.

"She's going to be okay"

"What do you mean going to be?"

"She's in a coma, and memory loss but she's going to make it and be fine"

"This is all my fault" he says as he runs his hand through his hair

"No it's not"

"Yes, I shouldn't have got into an argument with her"