Chapter 8: You're empty

Jamie's POV

I awoke early and decided to make breakfast, maybe it would make Nicola feel a litte better. I had made her favorite, an cream cheese omelet. When I had finished making it Tyler appeared in the kitchen. His dark brown hair all astray from his bed head and his beard looking scruffy as ever.

"How is she holding up?" he asks

"I don't know about today, she hasn't woken up yet"

"Jamie this is all my fault, I should've never tried to go out that night.She wouldn't have left" he sighs

"You can't do anything about it now, but since she doesn't remember that she hates you I recommend trying to make amends with her now"

"I'll try" he says quietly than slumps in the chair and sips the cup of orange juice. I hear a door creak open and out comes Nicola. Her blonde hair sits in this really messy bun, leaving her bruises out. They aren't as fresh looking as they where yesterday, but I imagined they still hurt. Nicola looked very observent as she quietly took a seat at the counter.

"Hey Nicola" I smile

"Hey uh Jamie. The doctor had said something about medications?" she swallows hard, almost scared to ask me about them.

"Yeah these are it and these are pain killers" I say sliding over the two pill bottles.

"Thank you" she smiles fakely.

"Cola I uh mean Nicola. Tyler and I have practice, you're cool with staying here for a while right?"

"I'll be fine" she smiles

"You wanna eat before we leave? I made eggs"

"No thank you, I'm gonna lay down" She than disappears into her room.

"She turned down my cooking" I sigh, Nicola never did that.

"Don't take it personally, she's still shaken up" Tyler assures me.

Nicola's POV

Jamie yells out "Goodbye" which is followed by the front door being slammed. I head over to the intercom where I buzz the lobby.

"Jamie? Didn't you just leave" replies a voice

"This is uh Nicola"

"Hey Nic what's up?"

"I was wondering I could get a key to uh my apartment?"

"Sure come down, I have the spare one here"

I go and collect the key which was titled "F3 R208" On the elevator pad I push button 3. It doesn't take long before I stumble onto room 208 and sure enough the key unlocks it. As I first enter there are two small walls that open up into the 'studio' apartment. The walls are covered in pictures. I take a minute to look over them, it was mostly Jamie and I. My coffee table has a picture framed with me and a man. I stare at the picture hard and try to remember who it is. He's got hockey hear on and his one hand lays around my shoulder, hugging me tightly into his side. He has these rosy red cheeks and dark sweaty hair. Who was he?

When I make my way to the bedroom, there is a laptop laying on the bed which is surrounded by papers. Most papers where for the dallas stars and where written by me. Other papers seemed to be notes for something I was working on. I turned on the laptop but I couldn't get in because of the password. I couldn't remember this password, i couldn't recall my birthday, I couldn't recall anything about myself.