i

This was very odd.

I just received a message that the prince, Kim Taehyung, called me out to the garden because he has some very serious things to talk about.

With me?

I don't understand what he has to talk to me about. All I really do at the palace is keep track of everyone's schedule. But that's just because I get paid for it.

Maybe he has something serious about his schedule?

That doesn't make any sense.

I walk towards the grand doors to the garden. There were two guards standing on opposite sides of the door.

"Where are you headed, Miss?" One of them asked.

"Oh, I got an invitation from the prince." I said. "He said he has something very important to talk about."

The guards nodded their heads and opened the door. A chilly fall breeze hit my face. I walked outside and saw him sitting on one of the benches, his face in his hands.

"Your Highness?" I said. He looked up. "You called for me?"

"Oh yes." He said. "Have a seat."

I went and sat down on the bench across from him. I figured it would be easier to talk to him this way. But it was no use because he got up and started pacing.

"What's on the schedule for tomorrow?" He asked.

I didn't have anything with me but it doesn't matter because I already memorized everything.

"Well, the first thing is that the queen's very close friend and her family will be arriving at the palace and staying here for a week." I said.

"Ok stop." He interrupted me. I find this a little rude but I guess he can get away with it because he's the prince.

"Mother's friend and her entire family." He said. "Which means, her daughter."

I have been working here for very long so I know that the prince and her used to date and they dated for more than a year. But after that, I don't know what happened. We stopped seeing her at the palace. Tomorrow is probably the first time we'll be seeing her after they split up.

"I understand it's probably very difficult for you right now and...."

"No actually, you don't understand." He interrupted again. Did he never learn any manners?

"I'm not sad to be seeing her again. I'm actually very angry." He said.

"May I ask why?" I asked, hesitating.

"Just yesterday, you know what she did?" He said. "She sent me her wedding invitation. And I found out that she will be bringing her fiancé with her tomorrow."

This was getting awkward. I didn't know what to say. Thankfully I didn't have to because he continued talking.

"She left me because she said we were falling too deep. She told me she wasn't ready for commitment." He said. "And suddenly in just 3 months she's ready? Does that make any sense?"

"No, your highness." I said, not sure what else to say.

"I thought we were very happy together but I guess it was all a lie." He said.

"This might be the wrong time to ask and I might sound really stupid but, with all due respect, I don't see how any of this concerns me." I said, praying that I didn't just lose my job.

"Well, your part is coming." He said.

"My part?" I asked.

"Well, I was thinking who has been around in the palace for a very long time and knows pretty much everything that goes on around here?" He said, gesturing to me. I still didn't get it. "I realized you're the only one who can pull it off."

"Pull what off?" I asked.

"I need you to pretend to be my girlfriend for the next week."