xiii

I don't know how long she was standing at the door and watching us but she didn't look happy.

"Can I talk to you for a moment?" She said, looking at me.

I grabbed a napkin and wiped the frosting off of my nose and my hand. Taehyung did the same. I walked towards her but he tried to come with me.

"Just her." She said. He looked at me. I gave him a reassuring nod and walked outside with her.

"Leave him." She said, right when we were far enough from the kitchen so Taehyung wouldn't hear.

"What?" I said, taken back.

"I said leave him." She repeated.

"No." I fought back.

"How serious could you be anyways?" She said. "It's only been 2 months."

"Serious enough that neither of us will just leave each other." I said.

"You know how long we were together?" She asked.

"How long doesn't matter." I said. "If you were just able to leave him, I don't think anything you had was real, no matter how long."

"I wouldn't say his feelings for you right now is sincere either." She said.

"What?" I asked.

"Everything he's doing with you is what I wanted for him to do with me." She said. "Every little dates like going horseback riding, cooking..I wanted him to do that for me."

"How does that mean anything?" I said.

"It means that all he's trying to do is make me jealous." She said. "I think this whole relationship is based on him trying to make me jealous and I hate to admit it but its working. So if I were you, I wouldn't want to stay in a fake relationship like this."

She was right. This was a fake relationship and it was based on making her jealous. But why do I still feel betrayed?

"Well I'm not you." I said.

"I don't want to argue with you anymore." She said. "Just leave him."

"I won't." I said and walked away from her as soon as I could. I didn't go back to the kitchen where he was probably waiting for me. I went straight to my room. I couldn't face him right now.

Because I just realized what all those rush of feelings meant.

It meant that my fake love for him had turned real.