iii

"Just follow my lead." He said.

We were standing in front of the throne room, about to tell the king and queen about "us".

"And please get that look off your face." He said. "You might as well just write on your forehead that we're just pretending."

"Well I'm sorry I don't have practice being someone's fake girlfriend, let alone a prince." I said.

But I still took his advice tried to look as best as I could. He pushed the door open and walked in. I followed him.

The king and queen looked like they were in the middle of discussing something when they turned to look at us.

"Mother, father, there is something I have to tell you." He started.

"Is everything alright?" The king asked.

"Yes. I just wanted to tell you that.." He came closer to me and put his arm around my waist. It caught me off guard so my knees went a little week but I kept my balance. I think he noticed too because his arms became a little tighter.

He didn't have to finish his sentence because the king and queen seemed to already guess.

"How long?" The queen said with a smile on her face. That's a good sign.

"About 2 months." He said. I started to choke on air. He looked at me and I could just hear him telling me to pull it together.

Before I knew what was happening, the queen gathered me up in her arms. I could also hear the king saying "Great choice, son!" to Taehyung.

"You two look beautiful together." The queen said. I smiled.

"Well, we will let you go now." The king said. "We don't want to seem clingy."

He started laughing and I joined him to be respectful.

"Well then, we will see you later." Taehyung said and led me outside.

"That went well." He said right after the doors closed.

"I need to sit down." I said.

He laughed. "Only a week more."