viii

We were all sitting at the dinner table. I was sitting next to Taehyung and of course I was right across from his ex-girlfriend. She thought I couldn't see tell but I could see her constantly glaring at me.

That means our plan is working. So it's a good thing she's practically killing me with her eyes?

"So, how did you two meet?" The queen asked her.

"Oh it's a very interesting story." She said. "We were actually classmates but all throughout grade school I absolutely despised him."

She laughed even though it wasn't all that funny. But the rest of us joined anyways, just to be respectful.

"But I met him again 5 months ago and turns out he's not as annoying as before." She said, laughing again. "And after that, the rest is history."

"That was a very amusing story." The queen said.

"Actually, what I am really interested in is how these two hit it off." She said, gesturing to me and Taehyung.

Oh crap! We're in a mess now.

We never discussed what we would tell people about how we met. How could we be so stupid? That should have been the first thing we discussed.

And the way he was looking at me, I could tell he was thinking the same thing.

"Um...wow!" I said, not sure what else to say. "Where do I start?"

Everyone let out a light laugh.

I couldn't come up with anything so I nudged Taehyung so that he would say something.

"It started one day when I was outside in the garden, doing some thinking." He started. I really don't understand where he was going to go from there. "While I was there, she came outside and she looked freaked out about something."

This story definitely doesn't look like it's on my side.

"Well, I wouldn't say freaked out." I said, not even knowing what I was talking about. I was just trying to save myself from embarrassment.  "I was just not completely calm."

"No no." He fought. "You were freaked out."

I waited for him to say something so I know where the story is going.

"Anyways, I asked her if everything was okay but she clearly wasn't in her right mind." He said.

I turned towards him and waited for him to finish.

"What did she do?" The queen asked.

"She started screaming at me." He said.

"I wasn't screaming at him." I tried to save myself. "I was just a little stern."

"She was definitely screaming at me." He said. "You would not believe the things she said."

"Like what?" I asked, looking him dead in the eyes.

"It's a little inappropriate to repeat here." He said with a smirk. "Don't you think?"

I didn't have a response so I just glared at him. I should have never let him tell the story.

"Well, that's pretty much how it started." I said, hoping to end the story there.

"Aren't you forgetting what happened the next day?" He said. What did he come up with now?

"I'm sure you want to say it." I said.

"Of course." He said. "The next day, I'm assuming she felt absolutely horrible about what happened, she was begging me to forgive her. She was practically crying at my feet."

"And that's the end of the story." I said, not letting him continue.

Everyone at the table laughed.

I'm glad it was believable even if it made me look stupid.