xv

The ball was over.

He was gone into his own world.

And I was just left here, thinking about him.

Ever since yesterday, it's been really bad. I couldn't stop thinking about him for my life. I was supposed to be pretending but how did I let myself slip? He was still doing his part.

Most likely.

Actually, I don't actually know how he feels. Maybe he's not pretending anymore either. Maybe he really does love me too. I mean both of us started out with having no feelings for each other. Both of us spent the same amount of time with each other. So if I fell for him, maybe he did too.

I decided that whether he loves me or not, I still have to tell him how I feel. If I keep it in any longer, I might just explode. Especially after that dance.

I got off of my bed and headed outside. My heart was beating out of my chest. I couldn't tell if I was nervous or excited. I walked over to his room which was right next door. I was about to knock but the door was already slightly open. I couldn't help but look in.

He was inside.

But he wasn't alone.

She was with him. He was holding her hand.

I guess they got back together.

And I guess that means it's over between us.

I don't know why I felt so betrayed. It was never real in the first place. But I do know one thing. I know that I will never be able to just go back to normal and work in the palace, seeing him everyday and knowing he doesn't feel a single thing for me.

It's time for me to go back home.