ix

It was snowing.

I love it when it snows in fall. It's like nature is breaking the rules too.

I went to the balcony in my room. I couldn't really see much because the palace walls pretty much covered everything. But at least I could see the snow falling.

A knock on the door interrupted me. I walked back inside and opened it. Taehyung was standing there.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"I just came to tell you that mother decided to have a little get together at the end of the week, the day before our guests leave." He said. "So there will be preparations for that all week and I'm afraid you won't get much of just you being in your room time."

"Really?" I asked, disappointed. "And I'm guessing when you say a "little get together", it actually means a big ball with more than a hundred people there."

"Something like that." He said.

"Well, I don't have anything to do right now, do I?" I asked.

"Not at the moment." He said.

"Then I'm going to go back to my balcony and watch the snow." I said.

"It's nighttime and the walls cover everything." He said. "You can barely see the snow."

"Well, it's this or nothing." I said.

"Actually.." He started but never finished the rest of the sentence. "Follow me."

"Where are we going?" I asked but he just gestured me to follow him so I pulled the door shut behind me and followed him.

He was being really quiet and looking around the hall in case someone comes. I have a feeling that whatever he's about to do doesn't exactly go by the rules.

We got to a flight of stairs. Even though I've been working here for a while, I've never came to this part of the palace. Actually, no one except for the guards come to this part of the palace.

He started going up the stairs and I followed him, still very confused as to where we were going.

He stopped at the top of the stairs and turned towards me.

"Okay, so we are not exactly allowed to do this so do not talk about this anywhere." He said.

"We're not killing anyone, are we?" I asked.

"Of course not." He said. "I just thought you would like to see this."

He opened the door and all at once, everything started glimmering. I could see nothing but the snow lighting up the night.

"Oh my god!" I said. "This is so beautiful."

I couldn't get enough of it. I looked out at the whole city. It was breathtaking.

"I thought this would be better than just looking at it from your balcony." He said.

"Thank you." I said. He smiled.

For a second there, I felt something weird. I've never looked at him and felt that way but it was gone almost as fast as it came.