Chapter Eight

Jackson kept looking ahead at Kenzlyn, who was chasing a butterfly along with Bud who grunted out his laughs.
He smiled with a shake of his head but his smile turned soft at seeing how beautiful Kenzlyn was.

Her hair blew in waves an watched as she asked him to join her but he told her he loved watching her.

Kenzlyn blushed at his comment when she sees him gazing at her.
He looked back to see Lizzy keeping her eyes to the ground.

Kenzlyn giggles running back to Jackson's side
"That was fun," she said catching her breath.

Jackson smiled at her," glad your having some fun Kenz," he said softly at her
Kenzlyn bumped into his back as they came to a sudden stop.

"Fuck, I'm hungry," Clarice says as they looked down at a barbecue diner.
Jackson looked ahead with Kenzlyn squinting a bit
"I thought that plan was not to be seen," he said to them

Ike sighed," people are looking for a group with a mongoloid. We go in separate. And you stays outside," Ike tells Bud," and you stays quiet," he looked to Lizzy who looked away from him.

Jackson pulls Kenzlyn into him," we have no money," he shook his head.

Clarice glared," Blah blah fuckin' blah," she sneered at him

Kenzlyn glared at her as Jackson squeezed his waist. Ike laughed," we improvise, there's food, there's money, and there's cars to grab. Get in there," he said walking down with Clarice.

Jackson, Kenzlyn and Lizzy walked a couple of minutes after they entered the diner. As they walked in the waitress whose name Kenz learned was Tammy, told them to have a seat anywhere.

Kenzlyn ran to a table near the door as Jackson followed with Lizzy behind her. Jackson sat next to her as Lizzy sat in front of them.
He ordered for Kenzlyn since she had a hard time reading the big words. She held her head feeling embarrassed.

"It's okay, don't worry, I got it," Jackson whispered as he told the waitress there order. After they ate half of their food, Lizzy hadn't touched a single piece of meat on her plate.

"You alright, darlin?," the waitress Tammy says.

"Ma'am," Lizzy questioned.

"You haven't touched your food," she said with a small smile. Jackson gave Lizzy a warning look. A warning she knew she needed to be safe
"I'm just not hungry, I guess," she said looking away.

The waitress smiled," I'll bag it up for you," she kindly says taking the plate. Jackson takes hold of Kenzlyn's hand.

"I wish this was just normal. I wish it were just me and you.... here at the diner, you know, having fun, maybe a picnic. I wish I was somebody else," he said looking into her eyes.

Kenzlyn kisses his cheek, burying her face in his neck," I wouldn't want you to change who you are. I love you just the way you are," she said smiling as he hugged her.

They turn there heads when they hear a glass shatter. Clarice looked around acting innocent
"Sorry y'all that was my fault," she said as her and Ike started laughing.

The waitress Tammy walked up to their table with an annoyed look," think it's time y'all clear out. Pay up and go!" She said throwing the check on the table.

Kenzlyn started getting anxious knowing what was about to go on. Sure enough, Ike grabbed the waitress stabbing her under her arm as Clarice stabbed a sheriff in the neck. She then sees Clarice with a gun, who she then shoots two guys in the head  

Jackson stood up to stop a man from running away, but the man punched Jackson in the nose. He then hits the man back continuously until Kenzlyn runs to stop him
"Come on, let's go, that's enough," she whispered softly in his ear as she sees him breathing heavily.

He got up and they ran out to see Bud holding Lizzy who tried to run away
"Let me go," she struggled

A gunshot rang out and Kenzlyn fell to the ground feeling a stinging pain in her side. She looked down to see the man had shot her. Jackson yelled running to her side, holding her wound as he yelled for them to run

"Go, go, go, go, go!," he yelled as more shots were fired. Jackson helped Kenzlyn in slamming the door as Ike drove out of there fast. 

Kenzlyn hissed as Jackson put pressure
"I'm sorry," he whispered as she whimpered in pain.

They noticed the car was coming to a stop
"What's going on?," Lizzy asked

"No gas!," was all Ike said as they got out of the car. Jackson held Kenzlyn in his side so that he could help her walk.

"Hey could have at least stolen a car with a full tank of gas," Jackson says as his arm tightened around Kenzlyn.

Ike scoffed," I don't look at the gas gauge when someone's shooting me, asshole," he said.

They began walking down a hill going into the Texan lands.  They continued to walk but stopped when they see what looks to be an abandoned trailer.

"Quiet now", Ike told them pointing the shotgun at the trailer.
They walked around it to find the front door of the trailer. Clarice opened the door and a God awful smell came from it.
Kenzlyn turned her head and puked as a bead of sweat formed on her forehead. Her skin getting pale. Jackson rubbed her back gently.

"Smells like and old barn," Ike chuckled.

"You first Lizzy, well, go on and get in there," Ike demanded her holding the shotgun to her face.

Clarice pointed the gun at her as well," get the fuck in," she said as they went in to check it out. Kenzlyn just wanted everything to be over!