Chapter Twelve

When Verna entered her house with Jed, she knew she had to get him out of those clothes and into something more comfortable. His face was all she could think about. As soon as she caught sight of it, she was hella angry. How dare they hurt him that way.

She slowly but quickly changed his clothes, helping him into the kitchen and seated him slowly on it.

Jed wheezed in pain as she began to stitch his face
"I'm sorry honey. Don't worry it'll be over soon," she cooed.

Jed wheezed again thinking about Kenzy. He guess his mother knew what he was thinking
"Don't worry, little Kenz is upstairs resting. I know that's why your tense baby. But she's fine, she's clean and her wound was stitched. She'll be perfectly fine," she says feeling her baby boy relax. She finished with the last of his stitches and had to put a muzzle like mask on him to hold his stitches and for it to better heal his face.

Jed jerked afraid but relaxed a little
"This'll hold it all together, till your healed up. Okay, your gonna feel it," she said wincing at the pain he'd about to feel.
"I'm gonna tug it real hard. Almost at the end here okay," she said tugging on the mask hard. He wheezed loudly.

"Okay," she cooed at him softly as she wiped the blood and drool from his chin.
"Oh Jed," she softly says hugging him gently from behind.
Jed has relaxed loving his mother's hold on him as the pain dulled just a tad bit. He grabbed hold of her hand and gently squeezed it loving the warmth it gave him.

He mumbled softly,"ken..zyyy," he wheezed out. His mom gave a small smile helping him slowly walk up the stairs to his old bedroom before he moved down to the basement.

Verna opened the door quietly seeing Drayton pull the covers of the blanket up to her chest. He walked away quietly passing them.

"She should be fine mama, not sure when she'll wake up," he whispered into her ear.
She gave him a sad smile, nodding for him to leave as she patted him on the shoulder.

She watches carefully as Jed makes his way to the bed and sits down on the bed quietly not wanting to wake her.
She gave a soft smile at him.

He lifted her hand slowly yet shakily as he gave it a gentle squeeze.
"J...Jed," her angelic voice whispers to him as he looks to see she had tears falling from her eyes.

He gently wipes it as it falls down the side of her eyes.
"What has... he... done to..you," she softly says as she lifts her hand to trace the muzzle.

He grunts out shaking his head. She sniffled squeezing his hand
"Your...still my handsome," she said as she coughed while he gently rubbed her arm. She closed her eyes and let her breathing even out, falling back asleep.

Jed leaned over with a small grunt and kissed her forehead. Verna smiled a bit seeing him be gentle with her.
"She'll be fine Jed. She just needs a few hours of rest. Especially for what you guys went through," she says softly helping him up.

Verna helped him to the basement where his room was and left him at his old workshop table. She knew he'd be deep in his thoughts. So she'd figure she would leave him be.

Jed sat their in his chair not believing the events that happened since he been to Gorman. He overheard the sheriff say him and Kenzy were little kids when they met. They killed his daughter together. But he couldn't exactly remember that.

'Bud' he thought angrily. He remembered they killed him especially that stupid bitch of a nurse Lizzy.
That stupid nurse was no different as she claimed to be. She got Bud killed, she got Kenzy shot tryna escape. He grunted slamming his hands on the desk just thinking of it.

For an hour or two that was all he could think about was Bud and Kenzy. How far they have gotten and how far Bud could've been with them.

"You okay?," he heard her small angelic voice ask him, making him turn around. His eyes grew wide at the sight of her. She was dressed in a beautiful pink sundress that hugged her every curve and was low to her knees and she wore some boots that looked totally amazing on her. He gulped at lost for words.

The makeshift cast is what caught his attention. He heard his brother mention that it was broken or something.

"Don't worry... it doesn't hurt anymore than it did... Dray did a good job," she softly says as she kneels down in front of him and gently traces the muzzle on his face. That sheriff done him really bad' she thought upset that she couldn't stop it.

"Dont... not... your...fault," he wheezed out as he grabbed her hand squeezing it on his lap
"Your still my handsome," she says with a smile kissing his cheek softly. Jed tried to smile but it came out in a grimace as he felt the pinch of his stitches.

She touched the stitches and noticed he shook
"Sorry I know my hands are cold," she says but he grunts, taking her hands and kissing it lightly before pulling them towards his chest. His hands engulfed hers as she always had small hands.

Kenzy blushed kissing him lightly on the lips not wanting to go hard, knowing it will only cause him pain.
She could hear a sigh escape from his lips as she looked around and noticed it pretty much hadn't changed since they were last here she remembered.

He stared at her admiring how she was calm about everything yet he knew deep down inside she was hurting really bad.

"I love your room.... always have," she said smiling at him but frowned when she heard yelling and screams that she recognized all too well; Lizzy!

"I'm sure the sheriff told you that we knew each other when we were kids. But Jed I want you to know no matter what we've done, I'm always gonna be with you. Till the end. Because I love you so much," she said looking him in the eyes intently. He squeezed her hand knowing she was always truthful to him.

He tensed when his mother began calling him from uptop
"Jed! Jed!," she called out for him.

"Let's do this," she says standing up as he grabbed his chainsaw. His footsteps could be heard from above.
Kenzy followed behind him, her footsteps silent. Verna smiled at them, seeing them come in together brought back memories.

"Ah, fuck," Hartman exclaimed," what are you gonna do? Huh? This ain't over, boy," he yelled as Jed moved the chainsaw around in front of his face and lined it down his body.

"Goddamnit! This ain't fuckin' over boy' ya hear me," the sheriff continued to yell.

Jeds mother tilted her head
"Jed? What did I tell you about outsiders? They fill your ears with lies. You show'em Who you are Jed. Look what that man did to your face, huh? Look at what they did to Kenzy?," she said hoping to get through to him.

"Jackson don't do it," Lizzy yelled but Kenzy backhanded her in the face making Drayton chuckle," shut up," she angrily eyed her then looked to Verna
"Let me," she softly says as Verna took a step back.

"Jed," she said getting his attention," Bud," was all she had to say before she noticed how tense he got
"Do it for him," she whispered with a sad look. That's all it took for Jed to start the chainsaw and attack Hartman. They could hear Lizzy's screams.

"You shut up over there, you're next do you hear me?", Verna yelled at her.

Jackson then cut into Hartman's chest as he screamed in agony.
They all smirked but Kenzy was not feeling into it. It wasn't right no matter what they do, it won't bring Bud back.
They hear a grunt and quickly turn to see Lizzy running away and had hit Drayton in the nose with the back of her head.
Now that was a big mistake on her part!!