Entry Four: de Montparnasse, Darling

So, I was in my music class today, analyzing Madonna of all people, and I thought about Hal and Erica again (see Entry two if you don't know what I'm talking about).  Then I thought about a story where a strong, sexually confident woman seduces a sexually timid man - a man that she actually likes because he's not a horndog. She proceeds to seduce him, showing her prowess but taking the time to ease his fears along the way.  This could be a scene of vignettes until they finally give in sexually.

Hmm...I might have to add that to my other story "Knocking on Forbidden Doors".

While we didn't see the infamous "Justify my Love" video in class (though it's pretty tame by today's standards anyway), the video has inspired me and the images I see in the story.  And more importantly, how many stories have we seen here in which a woman seduces a man.  Okay, we've seen it a lot, but in this case, the guy isn't attached to anyone, and she has genuine feelings for him.

Now, I'm just sounding shallow.

I love the idea of a sexually confident woman seducing the senses of the man she adores.  We aren't always meant to be submissive, though that's fun, too.  And then there's the idea that I've been taught that we it comes to sex, both parties may agree, but the woman is usually in the submissive role.  Screw that.  I've read maybe one or two romances where the woman goes all the way sexually to not only seduce the man, but rides him into the sunset, if you know what I mean.  Most of the time, the woman seduces the man, and ends up submitting, writhing beneath him.

I know I could be wrong, but this is what I've seen.

Only in yaoi have I seen a male character become very shy about a sexual encounter - that's probably why I read them so much.  It's not something you see all the time - at least I don't.  For me, the idea of writing a story in which a woman seduces a man not because she wants to achieve a goal or gain prestigse, but because she genuinely wants him and wants to eliminate fear in him is the recipe for a very sexy story, I believe.  So I'm going to have to get to writing it - after I finish Camara Sensual.

What do you all think?