Human intelligence

Exactly how smart are humans anyways? There used the be a big debate on the intelligence of humans. Some insisted they aren't more intelligent than a common Ursa, while others declared they were intelligent enough to make keeping them as pets illegal.

The problem is based on how you define intelligence. Back in those days, there wasn't an official census on what made a species intelligence. Many argued that humans were obviously unintelligent because of the state of their home planet. All life there would have been extinct a decade ago if it weren't for our intervention. Many seem to have little respect for the environment of the planet they live on, rely on for food and water, air and everything they need to survive.

Humans were just a few years from space travel when they were declared animals by the Federation of planets. This meant they'd likely forever be known as an animal species. This is the argument for those who want pet humans to be emancipated and considered equals.

With the current definition of intelligence (the ability for an individual to reason), humans max out as equivalent to a 10 year old dog-man. Their "emotional intelligence" (their ability to feel complex emotions and form bonds) is roughly the same as a dog-man's, however. This means they bond with their dog-men just as much as their dog-men bond to them. Emotionally, it's an equal partnership. This is hard to find, a species that is more emotionally advanced.

Published 11/17/18